Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Adventures in Art Journaling - Part Four

Hello Friends,

Well, my new art journal is quickly filling up. I've missed a few days, but I've been at it pretty regularly. The page I'll share with you today boasts the actual library pocket that came with the original book.

I used Leaf Green Acrylic paint, texture paste and sponged a little SU Cherry Cobbler ink for my background.

Isn't she lovely? She was a photo in the original book. I sponged a little SU Cherry Cobbler on her lips, cheeks and collar. Then I added some feathers and seed beads to her hair.

There is the actual library pocket that came with the book. No, I did not steal the book. I bought it at a library book sale. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The tag I made for the library pocket. The printable is vintage and from Little Birdie Blessings blog.

I didn't know why this picture struck me when I kept it out of the original book. Often I will clip words or pictures if they grab my attention and then it makes sense to me later on. That is what happened here. The little girl represents how I worry sometimes, but the thought of my Heavenly Father being anxious about my future is ridiculous. If he is not worried than neither should I be.

I clipped this picture from the original book too. The gold is an actual chunk of gold that my brother brought back from a trip to the Bad Lands in South Dakota, USA. This reminds that God has promised to take care of all my needs.

I love this sentiment by Lilac & Lavender. It reminds me that I can still do the things I have dreamed of doing.

I created this tag with texture paste, a stencil, bronze embossing powder and various inks.

A close-up of this lovely lady. Doesn't she look like she is lost in a beautiful daydream?
Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my art journal journey. If you have posts or tutorials of your art journal pages I would love to see them. Just leave a link to your blog post in the comments and I will pop over for a visit.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Aurora Wings - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes (optional twist - bling)

10 comments:

Penny said...

You are really on an interesting, creative journey with this journal, Teresa. I enjoy seeing your pages. :^)
Hugs, Penny

Diane said...

Wonderful art journal design.

Hugs diane

Golda said...

This is gorgeous, Teresa!

DonnaMundinger said...

Amazing thoughtful pages, Teresa! It inspires me to continue with my own art journaling. thanks for sharing with Aurora Wings. xxD

Lady Anne said...

Fabulous pages Teresa, I can see that you are more comfortable with the pages now and I love how you are expressing yourself in these pages. Thank you for allowing me to see your journey...
With love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous, thought provoking journal Teresa...I especially love the way you've added the texture paste and bronze embossing powder, it looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us for our first Aurora Wings challenge.
Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

fiona henderson said...

Love it Teresa would love to see the full journal..

fiona DT
TTPH

NanaConnie said...

The feathers and seed beads are marvelous, Teresa! What a delightfully creative idea. Love the way the tag turned out with the texture paste and the EP.

Nicola Crowe said...

Beautiful thanks for joining us at TTPH
Nicola DT

Teresa McKitterick said...

Beautiful journal page. We really appreciate you taking the time to join us at
Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again this week
Hugs, Teresa DT
Ceesa's Card Creations