Saturday, 8 February 2014

Two More Scrap Cards

As my regular followers know, I have been quite determined to make use of my paper scraps this new year. Here are a couple more cards I made with my scraps.
Patterned papers are larger scraps. The blue flower is cut from a smaller piece of scrap paper. The cardstock and vellum (for the sentiment) were cut from extra small scraps.
The flower was made by stamping on small pieces of scrap papers and cutting the images out; then I layered them, popping up the last layer. The frame is a negative from a die cut. The edge pieces were from long, narrow scraps.  

Hint: I pre-punch my narrow scraps with my favorite edge punches and store them in an envelope. Then I pin the flap of the envelope to my bulletin board, which is right beside my desk. That way I only have to reach into the envelope to access them. I have another envelope for my die cut negatives. The same can be done with die cuts that are punched from small scraps. Scrap paper is more alluring when it looks like something other than just a scrap.

The patterned paper on the inside of my card is actually a die cut negative.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Feeling Crafty Challenge - Dies and/or Punches
Lothian Crafts - Love Using Your Dies
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes

The Crafting Cafe - Embossing (Embossed Die Cut Negative)
Treasured Times - Anything Goes with Layering


11 comments:

Pamela said...

Great ideas to use scraps but I'm not sure they fit the theme of 'Love' at Lothian Crafts.

Lady Anne said...

Love both cards Teresa,I love how you are still using your scraps, so well done on that :) fabulous lillies and I just love the flower on the second card and the die cuts you have used...
Love and hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's
"Christmas cards 2014"
"Lets Show it off"

Amy Andrade said...

Very classic cards, Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Café. Amy A.,DT

NanaConnie said...

I absolutely love using up my scraps and I think you've done a magnificent job of it on these cards, Teresa! I like buying the 12 x 12 papers for scrapbooking because my leftover scraps tend to be larger and I can get more projects out of them. But, I do have to watch that the patterns are so big they just won't work on a card.

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe challenge. Marlene DT

Dawn Lancaster said...

It's a great feeling using up scraps isn't it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Crafting Cafe in our Embossing challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Beverly Steele said...

very nice card thanks so much for joining us at Treasured Times Dt Beverly

Lou said...

Lovely cards. something I must do more is to use up my scraps of paper. Thanks for joining in our challenge at The Crafting Café x

Shari said...

Great use of your scraps on these great cards! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

Leanne said...

Oh wow, love your idea. Great layout. Nice flower, very pretty. I love the border on the top. Great colors! Thanks for entering our ATG challenge at One Crazy Stamper! Nicely done!

Leanne DT@OCS!

Sammy said...

Oh that flower is just gorgeous! Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x