Friday, 7 February 2014

Retiform Inking Technique

My friend Golda is always trying out different techniques in her card making. In today's post she introduced Retiform - an inking technique. You can see her post here.

Golda did a great job verbally explaining the technique, but I thought it would be nice to explain it visually. So here I go. :)
I cut and scored my card form, but did not fold it. I used scrap paper to protect my desk.
I used a 2nd piece of scrap paper to mask the areas I did not want to ink. I chose SU's Taken With Teal for my ink.
I sponge-inked along the edge of the scrap paper only.
My first ink line.
I masked another area and sponge-inked again.
My first two lines.
I chose to ink the front and back of my card, which is why I did not fold it. Now it is ready to receive some decorative stamping.
I pulled out a selection of stamps that I thought might work. I later rejected the ones with negative images.
I started with my bigger stamps and placed each randomly.
And here is my completed retiform card.
I made two cards. Here they are folded and awaiting their final touches.
I chose a die cut that I had previously inked & embossed in teal and bronze to complete my first retiform card.. I stamped the sentiment on vellum and adhered it to the die cut oval (Spellbinders scalloped oval).
I decided to stick to one layer and monochrome for my 2nd retiform card. It seemed a little naked so I added some teal fiber. Then a cute teal flower with white polka dots begged me to be part of the action. How could I resist?
Which one do you like best? Have you tried Retiform technique? I would love to see what you have done with it. Just leave your blog post URL and I will pop over to see your retiform creation too. If you Like Tickell Expressions on Facebook, you can post your creations there.

Thanks for visiting.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Moving Along with the Times - Use vellum or parchment
Paper Crafting Journey - Emboss That

8 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is a lovely technique, I hadnt seen it before, it looks great, Thanks for sharing it with us. Thanks for joining the fun on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

Karon said...

WOW - that's a fabulous technique! Thanks for sharing!

NanaConnie said...

What a great tutorial, Teresa! I saw a reference to retiform on one of the challenges this week and had no idea what it was. These are simply gorgeous! I'll have to try one of these.

Wendy L said...

What a great technique, good use of vellum too, the pattern shows through. Thanks for joining in at MAWTT. xxxx

Angie A said...

Pretty card love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Lady Anne said...

Thank you so much Teresa for giving us this tutorial as I love this technique which I haven't seen before but will give it a go for sure...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's
"Christmas cards 2014"
"Lets Show it off"

Gram's Treasures said...

Very unusual and such a beautiful technique! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at paper Crafting Journey.
Joyce xx

Penny said...

Haven't tried this technique, but you certainly did a great job with it--I particularly love your second card with the fab texture added! :^)
Hugs, Penny