Monday, 3 February 2014

Playing with Texture Paste

Hello Peeps,

I saw a video tutorial on Simon Says Stamp Challenge last week that inspired me. She was using "embossing paste" and Tim Holtz stencils, as well as distress inks. The tags she made were stunning and it looked like a whole lot of fun.

I don't have those same products on hand, but I did have some "texture paste" in my stash of painting supplies. I also have a drawer full of stencils that I rarely use. I grabbed those, a plastic palette knife and some scrap paper for my work surface.

Spreading the paste was as easy as spreading butter on bread. I heat dried my tag because I didn't want to wait for it to air dry. Then I started sponging on inks, copper paint and Liquid Pearls - whatever caught my fancy. I embellished with a Crafty-Emblies wooden music scale, a bird I cut out of a tiny scrap and a chipboard flourish I have had in my stash for ages. I rubbed a little copper paint over it to make it fit in better with the tag. A bit of fancy yarn for a tie finished it off. I adhered it to the card front and punched a border on the edge of the card.

Some of you know that I have been on a mission to use up my scraps. I had a good sized piece of green cardstock that I had punched out with my SU bird on a branch punch. The negative piece looked so pretty to me I didn't want to throw it out. So I used it as a background for my inside sentiment. I like it.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you are having a wonderful start to your week.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
The Squirrel and the Fox - Use Embellishments
Scrappy Hands - Embossing
Eclectic Ellapu - Texture
Dream Valley Challenges - No Designer Paper
Come & Get It Challenges - Clean & Simple
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

15 comments:

Shir Benovich said...

WoW!
Interesting technique!
Looks great :-)

Thanks for joining Scrappy Hands challenge :-)

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful design with awesome texture and fab composition. Great way to use those scraps. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
613AvenueCreate.

Rene said...

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Karen Murray said...

So pretty! I love the texture and dimension of your card.

Karon said...

Gorgeous card, love the tag - fabulous use of the paste and love the finished piece! TFS

M Miranda Creations said...

Teresa, I just want to stop by and thank you for visiting my bog earlier today. I appreciate your encouraging comments. I have become your newest fan and cannot wait to see your many creative projects. I like your technique for this one. The colors are beautiful!!!

Many Blessings,
Melissa M

ahlers5 said...

I saw this on MIM. I'll have to look into that video. I really love this. the colors are so gorgeous together.

Barb said...

I just love what you've done here, the colors, layout, everything actually. I'm going to have to try this again. Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get It Challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous with beautiful autumn hues.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic end result playing with the texture paste, Teresa! I think I have some of that in my paint pile, too, and will have to dig it out now. Thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Judy said...

This turned out really pretty. The colors really flow together.

xo

Darcy Schroeder said...

Teresa, this is so pretty! I think I have some texture paste somewhere in my craft room. You've inspired me to look for it! Saw this at Make It Monday!
Hugs
Darcy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

- thank you for joining in with our challenge this week over at Eclectic Ellapu.
Elaine aka Ellapu

Zehavit Shaked said...

Stunning!!!

Thanks for joining Scrappy Hands challenge.

ציקוש said...

gorgeous card!
Amazing technique!
Thanks so much for joining the challenge at scrappy hands