Thursday, 6 February 2014

More fun with Texture Paste

Hello Peeps,

Recently I discovered texture paste and started experimenting with it, using stencils, inks,  markers and even glitter.

I made this little bird in two stages, using the negative of Stampin' Up's "Bird on a Branch" punch as a stencil. First I laid the body, let it dry, and then laid the wing on top. I coloured it with Copic markers and ink. I used Washi tape for my trim and stamped my sentiment right onto the card. How's that for CAS? And it won't cost me a penny extra to mail.

Guess where I got that beautiful gold foil? Give up? I salvaged it from the inside of a Christmas card we received this year. I die cut a Spellbinders fancy oval from it, ran it through my Big Shot with a brick wall embossing folder and then applied burgundy ink randomly over the raised surface.

The inside was easy. I printed the sentiment on white cardstock, punched a border on the left side and trimmed it with matching Washi tape. This is not a new sentiment, but I will put it here in case you are new to the site and have not gotten it yet.

I love that you have stopped by and I especially appreciate the lovely comments you leave.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - For The Birds
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Add Some Sparkle
Divas By Design - Die Cuts
Inklings & Yarns - Always Anything Goes
Rhedd & Rosie's - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful design Teresa, the bird and fabulous gold foil is a nice touch.

Hugs diane

Jackie Scott said...

Great technique for the bird! Beautiful card!

ursula Uphof said...

Love it Teresa and how you used the foil. Clever idea. Hugs, Ursula

Zoe said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

K8 said...

Stunning, love the gold and that little bird!! Really adorable!! Thank you for join us at Creative Moments this time, hugs Kate DT

Moira Gray said...

JUst gorgeous, love the little bird.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

Moira DT xx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Great card, Teresa. Love how you used the embossing paste & the gold foil.

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Teresa
So creative and such fabulous results. This is inspirational and beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us today at Word Art Wednesday
Blessings, Carole (DT WAW)

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful, Teresa! I love the gold behind the bird. Superb work and design. Love the sentiment. Thanks so much.

Hayley Kew said...

So pretty!!! The embossing on the foil sheet is GORGEOUS :) Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More. We hope to see you back again soon :)

Kylie said...

Love your creative recycling. The gold die cut is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Jo Ann said...

This is so great...Wonderful design and love the addition of an embossed foil. Love it! So grateful you joined our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 34:8 which says, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Hugs always...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com