Monday, 10 February 2014

Emboss-Resist Dove

Happy Monday, Peeps. Watch this for a chuckle: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WYPZZLNX and dance like nobody is watching.

Well, I thought I'd take another stab at the emboss-resist technique. I used water-colour paper (yes, of course it was a scrap) and a large dove stamp. I water-misted the paper and then sponged with pigment ink. I took my Copics to the leaves. I suggested the eye and beak, which were blank on the stamp.

I left the inside mostly blank so I can add a personal message. This will work well as a sympathy or encouragement card. It will go into my file until it is needed.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this day as only the beginning of a wonderful week.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
All Sorts Challenge - Colours Beginning with B (blue)
2 Sisters Challenge - Embossing
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Amusing Challenge - Bird
Simon Says Monday Challenge - We Love Stamps



12 comments:

Marijke said...

A nice card with a different kind of embossing as we always do? but thanks for joining us at the two sosters challenge blog.
Marijke.

Loz said...

Fabulous card and image. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Karon said...

Beautiful and love the dove - perfect! TFS

Sue Bridesmith said...

Very Pretty Design, thank you for joining us over at Suzy bee's Bloomin Challenge, we would love you to join us again next week for another fun challenge...
Hugs
Suzy B~Owner~Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
Xx

brenda said...

Lovely inking and resist work Teresa.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here

B x

Dan said...

Great card, I love your cloudy sky! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Penny said...

Oh, what a delicate design! Love the embossed bird against that beautiful sky! Love your choice of DP, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Teresa,
beautiful bird image and great embossing.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 15: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Teresa. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Rocio De Alba said...

I love this technique. Very cute card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

Hugs,
Rocio -DT

Avadares Books said...

Hey Teresa, love the dove!