Monday, 24 February 2014

Birthday Card Set for Boys

Hello Peeps,

Today's snippets (scraps) project is a birthday card set I made for boys. I paper-pieced the backgrounds with 1/2 inch wide strips of leftover card stock, in two different patterns. I adhered them to scrap paper, which I then glued to my card fronts. These were relaxing to do while I watched a movie on my computer.

I don't know about you, but I have a drawer full of stickers that I hardly ever use. I dug through and found quite a number of stickers to use on these birthday cards for boys. I love the hockey net and stick. The star sequins have been in my stash forever. They added just the right touch, I think, to two of my cards.

I would love to hear how you are using your paper scraps. Perhaps I will even host a little challenge sometime. Would you like that?

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa



Challenges Entered:
The Outlawz Greeting Challenge - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can - Lots of Bling (Star Sequins)
Eclectic Ellapu - Sequins, Gems, Sparkle (Star Sequins)
Sentimental Sundays - Make your own background paper (paper-pieced background)


11 comments:

Penny said...

Teresa, these are such fun, bright cards--really perfect for boys and a great way to use up stickers and scraps! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

I bet that there are 100s of stickers in craft drawers all over the world just waiting to be used . These are beautiful creations , Teresa.
Thanks for sharing on make it Monday

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

I bet that there are 100s of stickers in craft drawers all over the world just waiting to be used . These are beautiful creations , Teresa.
Thanks for sharing on make it Monday

Karon said...

Fabulous cards - perfect for those teens! Love the colour combo! TFS

Loz said...

Fantastic boys cards Teresa. I saw these on MIM..Loz

Mirella Diaz-Kaleem said...

great cards Teresa! love the bright paper-pieced backgrounds! good for you to use your scraps! I really try to use them... but the amount keeps on growing!!! Thank you for joining our Make your own background paper challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Bright paper Background and the element on it..I never made boys card with red but you did it very great..love your set Teresa

I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #52, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

Darcy Schroeder said...

Great use of stickers, Teresa! So bright and festive!!! I saw your card at Make It Monday. And thanks for commenting on mine!!
Hugs
Darcy

Colette said...

Great set of cards, saw them on MIM and popped over for a closer look. xx

Amy A said...

Great cards Teresa. Such a great use for stickers- I know I have a stash I never use but really should. TFS. Thank you so much for joining as at Crafting When We can Challenges, sure hope you join us again.

Amy~DT

Karen said...

What a wonderful set of cards, Teresa! Boy cards can be difficult, but you've made it look so easy. Lovely bright colors and a wonderful use of stickers! So happy to have you seen you on MIM! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen