Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Using up those scraps - Post One

Hello Crafty Peeps,

If you are like me, then you may find yourself surrounded by paper scraps that you couldn't bear to throw away because you could, conceivably, use them someday. I confess that some of my scraps are years old. It must be the influence of the New Year, but I have a new determination to use up those scraps so I've taken to checking my scrap pile first when I start on a new card design.

My card front and inside is made completely from paper scraps. I purchased the pink paper in the last few months, but the others go back three years or more. I've had the little flower for at least a couple of years.

I used a scrap of green cardstock that fit perfectly around my sentiment on the inside.

The sentiment is free and I posted it just last week. If you have any trouble finding it, just ask and I will send it to you.

I stamped, embossed and inked this birthday bear onto a scrap of photo paper that came with our printer that we bought at least three years ago. I did this and several others like it and die cut them as well so they would be ready to go onto cards.

An article in Card Maker magazine really spurred me to begin looking differently at my scraps. One thing that was suggested was taking long narrow scraps and preparing them as edgings. That way they are ready to go. I am much more likely to grab a scrap that has been transformed into a pretty edging than a long scrap poking its ugly head out of a basket on my desk.

I hope this post has influenced you to have fun with your scraps. I will do another post soon, using my scraps in a different way. I would love to hear your ideas for using scraps on your card designs.

Thanks for visiting.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - Glorious Pink (plus two others)
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty card, colours and papers. The image is adorable and the flower is very pretty. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Karon said...

Great card. I like the idea about creating edges out of scrap strips so they are ready to go! TFS

Chana said...

Very nicely done, Teresa! You have made excellent use of your scraps. I have made the same resolution to use my scraps and so far so good! Nice work! Thanks for sharing with us here at Through The Craft Room Door!

Hugz,
Chana