Tuesday, 14 January 2014

One for the Brits

My mother used to call me Chicken. I always thought that was weird until I found out, just within the last year, that Chicken is a term of endearment (much like Honey or Sweetheart) that is used in Britain. Mum was a Scottish WWII bride.

Today I made a card for my cousin in Scotland which I wanted to personalize, so I made a new birthday sentiment which I will share with you at the end of this post. I bought the background paper on a whim just because it made me smile. The stamp was in my stash and I'm not sure where it came from, but isn't it cute? I heat-embossed it in bronze.
Thanks for popping by and a very special "Hello Chicken!" to all of my British friends. Now here is my sentiment, especially for you.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa
JPEG
PNG
Challenges:
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Dan said...

I love anything with roosters on it so I was always gonna love this great card! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card, Teresa and yep a definitely Brit sentimnet :-) My Nana used to say love you chicky :-)

Roxann said...

Hi, Teresa! I had to giggle about the endearment, "chicken". My Mom always called my daughter that and she is of Irish decent.
I love your card! It is adorable.
I'm so glad you shared it at TTCRD this week!
Hugz,
Roxann

Penny said...

This is so cute, Teresa! I really love that chicken! And your sentiment and DP are perfect with it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe so cute, fun sentiment, simply fabUloous.
Hugs

Darcy Schroeder said...

Fabulous card, Teresa! Love the fact your mom had a nickname for you like that!! I saw your card on Make It Monday!

Debbie said...

My DD and I call each other chickie from time to time after visiting Scotland a couple of years ago.
That flowery chicken stamp is wonderful!!!

Lisa S. said...

Love your sentiment and pretty chicken! Your cousin will love this card. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday. Hugs, Lisa DT