Saturday, 4 January 2014

My Valentine

Last year I got busy and was without a special card for my DH for Valentine's Day. This year I am ready early.

All of my images and sentiments (except for the stamp I used on the back) are by Doodle Pantry. I love this happy little bird. The sentiment is actually two DP sentiments that I layered. The new sentiment has special meaning for us because that is what our parrot used to say and it always made us laugh.

Coloured with Copics

I really wanted to surprise my DH so I made this one a pop-up card. But I wanted three images popping out at different levels. I found instructions for making a pop-up at the bottom fold and I experimented to do the others.

The final result was to take a 1x3 inch strip of cardstock and score it at one inch intervals. I mountain folded at each of the two score lines. Then I glued the image to one end and adhered the other end to the inside of the card. I did the same with the third image and positioned it where I wanted it to go. I covered my card inside with patterned paper before I adhered these two pieces, so I cut two square inch pieces to hide the tabs.
My DH always checks the backs of my cards and is disappointed when I leave them blank. So I made sure to include a special message (a Stampin' Up stamp) and a signature in gold. I went back after I took the photo and added 2014.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope I have inspired you in some small way today.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Open-Minded Crafting Fun - New Tool or Technique (3-level pop-up)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge Group - Anything Goes (with Copics)
The Outlawz Alcohol Marker Challenge - Something New (new technique, new Washi tape, new images)

10 comments:

Penny said...

Saw this at The Outlawz and loved it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Susan Kennedy said...

Teresa this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE how you colored up that little guy.. he is adorable!! Fantastic papers :)And I love the inside too!! Fantastic! Thats an awesome sentiment to use since it has that meaning behind it!! :)Love that technique with the pop ups too!! Fantastic!!! So glad you joined!!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That is totally brilliant!!! I adore how you have colored this bird! And the great pop up for the inside!!! That's just fabulous.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

NanaConnie said...

Teresa, this is incredible! I love Birdie and the inside of your card is superb. I've never done pop-outs but could take lessons from you, obviously. :-D Now, I have to put on a DT hat -- I'm just so excited to see you playing along in our new challenge at Open-Minded. Good luck and I hope you're going to be a regular here. :-D
NanaConnie DT
PS You need to enter this at Doodle Pantry, too, and pick up a freebie set just for playing along.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Theresa this is outstanding. Love the doodle pantry image and also the lips on the inside.

Roberta Swisher said...

Love the pop up hearts! My fave part of the card is the sentiment that has such a personal meaning for you 2. That's what will make this card so very special!!
Thanks so much for sharing at TTCRD. We hope to see you back very soon!
hugs--
Roberta
Through the Craft Room Door DT
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Karon said...

Such a great card - love the birdie! What fabulous pop ups - love those lips! TFS

pam hicks said...

what a fab card love it an the inside too is awesome , thanks for joining OPCF challenge & good luck x

Avril Ann said...

What a stunning card Teresa, I am sure your hubby will love this, great image and love the lips on the inside, perfect Valentines Card, thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, best of luck xxx

Julia said...

Fab creation.
Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
Hugs,
Julia