Thursday, 16 January 2014

Guesting at The Outlawz

Hello Peeps,

I am guesting at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge this week. This challenge is always "Anything Goes", with a twist. This week's optional twist is to use paper piecing on your project. Our sponsor is "My Besties", by artist Sherri Baldy. Sherri also designs dolls for Ashton Drake.

For guesting, I was given three adorable images with which to play. For my GD project I used the image called, "Betsy Buttons". It seemed like a good time to get out my little portable sewing machine for the first time ever. I picked it up at a yard sale this past summer. I have hand-sewn on cards a few times, but this is the first time I have done machine sewing on paper. I had a little trouble keeping my lines straight, but my flower and sentiment hide my mistakes. Shhhh.


I punched around my die cut scalloped oval (Spellbinders) and then hand-sewed around it, ending in a button at the bottom. Betsy's skirt, hat and fluffy under-skirt are all paper pieced. This card is for a dear friend who is going through a hard time. I hope it will bring her a little cheer when she receives it. The verse is one of mine so I will give it to you at the end of this post. For my long-time followers, this is not a new verse.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Many blessings on your day and I hope you stop by the The Outlawz to check out their challenges.

Hugs,
Teresa






JPEG

PNG

9 comments:

Wies said...

Great card for a girl. Cute image. Love the colours you used.
Greetings, Wies

NanaConnie said...

Really lovely, Teresa. Love the background. Sorry to be MIA still but I'm not getting over this flu as quickly as I'd hoped. Promise I'll be around more after I'm healthy again.
BTW, why doesn't the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge show up on Paper Playful? All the rest are listed but not that one. Ask someone, would you? I forget to play along simply because I don't see it on the PP list. :-D

Berni Cuttino said...

Teresa, this sentiment is so lovely and potent. Beautiful palette and design, fabulously created.
Hugs

Penny said...

Beautifully designed, Teresa! Love the wonderful DP you put together for your background! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

Such a sweet card and image and congrats on your GDT. TFS

Dr Sonia S V said...

You must have read my mind Teresa...I have been waiting to machine sew on my cards too!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Hi Teresa, I just want to say thank you for your kind words on my crafty space on CardMaker blog. Yep, my space is very mix and match. Keeping it real! :) Love your card, too. I haven't try no line coloring. Need to try it!

Karen Murray said...

Super cute card! I am sure that it will bring a smile to your friend's face and she will be encouraged by your love and thoughtfulness.

Debbie said...

Pretty card!! I like all the DPs and the stitching really adds a nice touch!!