Friday, 20 December 2013

Christmas Gifts and One for You

Like most of my crafty friends, I have been busy making Christmas presents this week. I lost some time from being sick so I needed some quick ideas. Whenever I don't have a clue what to do, and especially when I am short on resources, including time, I go to the Source of Creativity. I pray.

Here are two gifts I made for the children of friends who plan to move away in the New Year. As their children are still quite young, I doubt they will remember us. We have been like an extra set of grandparents to these kids so parting from them will be difficult. I wanted to send them with a blessing that would speak into their lives long after they have forgotten us. The poems that came to me so easily I believe will do that.

For the girls I started with an unpainted shadowbox from the Dollar Store. I sponge painted it with Liquid Pearls in rose and cream. The pretty vintage border is from Free Pretty Things For You. The little dolls were Dollar Store finds and the pearl flourishes come in a roll by Recollections.


For the boys poem I used a nice looking silver frame from the Dollar Store. The helmet embellishments were in my stash, also from the DS. I wired them to a ball chain and affixed them to the top of the inside frame with Aleene's Jewellery glue. The frame and images were all free clip-art. The cross was in my stash of pins that I collect from time to time. I cut off the pin sections and affixed it to the glass with Aleene's Jewellery glue. I let the glue dry flat for a few hours before I tried holding it upright.
And now here is my Christmas Present to you. I am giving you the printable of each poem, minus the personal inscriptions. These each fit a 5x7 frame. I wish you a very blessed Christmas and great things to come in 2014.
 

5 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Teresa, what a fantastic idea and such beautiful gifts for those children! I love the suit-of-armour helmet charms. Wherever did you find those? They are just perfect!

Penny said...

You have the most wonderful ideas! Love these fab gifts, and the poems are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us! :^)
Wishing you and yours a fabulous Christmas, Penny

Karon said...

Oh my, Teresa, what wonderful keepsakes you have created. Fabulous sweet words and wonderful colours. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs, Karon.

Anne Fenton said...

Teresa what a wonderful gift ..they are beautiful.
Thank you so much for the copy .. I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas ...Huggz Anne






Charlene said...

Oh my gosh Teresa...what a wonderfully unique gift for those children. I'm sure this is something that they will treasure. Thank you so much for sharing the poems and images with us.