Saturday, 16 November 2013

Sympathy Mini Book

Are you like me? Do you get stuck for inspiration just when you need it the most - to make a beautiful, heartfelt sympathy card? I have done them in batches before, just so I would have some on hand for when they were... you know.... needed, but I tended to rush through the designs. Birthday and new baby cards are so much easier. Just once I wanted to have something really special on hand that I hope I don't have to use for anyone dear to me.

The inspiration for this design came from a beautiful QKR Stampede roses digi. I added the sentiment and cut around it with a Spellbinders die. I used Copic markers (Leaves - Y11, Y13, YG11, YG13, YG17; Roses - R20, R22, RV25, Y13) and chalked the background with 2 blues and 1 yellow. I added clear glitter glue to some of the petals. I used a tutorial for a mini album as my base.

 























FRONT COVER
































Close-up of QKR digi




BACK COVER

WHEN FIRST OPENED
Close-up of Sentiment

I had some lovely papers in my stash that I'd gotten from an online friend. You know the kind; the ones that are so pretty you can't bear to use them? Well, I started cutting little images from a couple of them and pasted them into my design. There are butterflies and gilded bird cages, among other tiny precious scraps. The fancy oval die cut in this first pocket is cut from a print of one of my paintings.
Die Cut Print of Painting
Backside of Die Cut
BOOK FULLY OPENED
I made tags for each of the inside pockets. Each tag has an encouraging verse on the backside. I attached smaller tags as decoration, along with my pretty paper cut-outs and die-cut buttons.
MIDDLE POCKET CLOSE-UP
RIGHT POCKET CLOSE-UP
LEFT POCKET CLOSE-UP
RIGHT TAG FRONT
RIGHT TAG BACK
MIDDLE TAG FRONT
MIDDLE TAG BACK
LEFT TAG FRONT
LEFT TAG BACK
Thank you for coming and sharing this project with me. I hope it will be in my stash for a very long time.

Blessings on you and your household,
Teresa

5 comments:

Penny said...

Such a beautifully thought-out creation! Love it from start to finish! Fabulous details, beautiful colors & papers & embellies, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Berni Cuttino said...

Teresa, this is gorgeous, love all of the details, so eye catching with the glitter, nicely done and very creative.
Blessings

Karon said...

Oh my goodness, wow! Stunning album! have a wonderful weekend.

NanaConnie said...

What an incredible idea, Teresa! So much love and caring put into each page. Absolutely stunning!

Shelby said...

Spectacularly beautiful album card! All the different parts look amazing together.

Shelby