Friday, 1 November 2013

National Novel Writing Month

Today is November 1st and the start of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). And guess who signed up? That's right. I have taken the challenge to write 50,000 words of a new novel in just 30 days. I tried this once before years ago and, for the life of me, I can't remember what happened. I must have blacked out or something. :D

I will try to pop in every now and again to let you know how I am doing. I might even share a few juicy bits from my work in progress. You will also see a few card posts from me since I am guest designing at The Outlawz Colour Challenge this month. I made almost all of my cards and posts prior to this date, though, so I would be free to write, write and write some more.

Here is a brief description of my novel:

The Bee Singer's Daughter is Book One in a series called, "Tales of Ellmoria".

Veroven is a small village that wields great power over its surrounding lands via the Bee Singer Queen. Without mercy, she commands the bees of a giant hive to strike down any who dare stand against her, even wearing the insects as an armour when she goes into battle.

Only the women of Veroven can harvest honey. The men are not allowed near the hive, on penalty of death, and their opinions count for naught. They are valued mainly for their ability to father many daughters.

But the queen's firstborn daughter, Darva, who is destined to be the next Bee Singer Queen, has doubts about their female-dominated society. When a handsome stranger, with beautiful but foreign ideas, comes into their midst, Darva's doubts deepen. Her mother, the queen, commands the bees to attack him, but the stranger's companion, a massive dog with magical powers, repels the bees and sends them harmlessly back to their hive.

Will Darva allow her heart to accept the stranger and his message of love, which will surely change their whole society, or will she succumb to the pleas and threats of her mother, the Bee Singer Queen?

5 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Wow Teresa..good luck with your novel, I certainly am looking forward to reading more. hugs Ursula

Penny said...

Good for you, Teresa! Love how you challenge yourself creatively! And this sounds like an intriguing romance! Best of luck with it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Lady Anne said...

Good luck Teresa, it sounds good up to now and like Ursula I too want to read more...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Karon said...

WOW - sounds fabulous - good luck and look forward to reading more sneaks! TFS

NanaConnie said...

I think this is fantastic, Teresa! I wish I had time this month to undertake such a challenge but since I still have lots of unpacking to do, it will have to wait until another year. I did try a novel some years back and I think it's still lying unfinished in a hard drive or on a disk somewhere. Once of these days.... :-D