Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Guest Design Spot

I was recently asked to GD for the November Colour Challenge at The Outlawz. 

Here is the colour palette for November 5th. The twist is to make it about being thankful.
 

I chose to make an explosion box as a birthday/thank you gift for my pastor. It is my first attempt at an explosion box. I found the tutorial through Pinterest.

I used a handmade tissue paper flower to embellish the front. I made a border around the sides of the lid with two papers and some orange ribbon.







The sentiment is from a Stampendous set that sees lots of ink. I made the scalloped oval frame with two Spellbinders dies.

Here is a corner view of the box.













And this is what happens (the explosion) when the lid is taken off.

I wrote personal messages on the tags - little 'snapshots' of my pastor doing or saying things that touched my heart.

Under the inner flaps I posted bible verses.

In the very center is a flower. In the center of the flower is a dime. God has used dimes for many years to encourage my pastor. Whenever he sees one now, it reminds him of God's faithfulness and provision.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will pop over to The Outlawz to check out their challenges. They have different challenges every day and lots of cool prizes to win, too.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Teresa this is an awesome project with so much inspiration on the inside.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful exploding box Teresa.

gr karin

Lady Anne said...

Fabulous work Teresa, love your exploding box and the way you have the tags inside, I hadn't thought of doing that...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Shoregirl said...

I've long admired the explosion boxes, but never attempted to make one! Yours turned out beautiful-- I'm sure your pastor will appreciate your hard work and kind words!!

Susan Kennedy said...

That is AMAZING!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love these colors.. and your creation .. wow!! You used the colors perfectly!! Gorgeous!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Debbie said...

This is wonderful, Teresa!! You did an amazing job making this and I know your pastor will appreciate it!!

Karon said...

WOW, Teresa - what an amazing box!! Love how you have personalised it for your pastor! Wonderful! TFS

Penny said...

What a fabulous gift! Love all your details on this! And congrats on the GDT! :^)
Hugs, Penny

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE the box, Teresa, and you did such a fabulous job with the colors! Each of those tags will bring such joy and appreciation. Terrific project and so thoughtful!