Tuesday, 12 November 2013

GD at The Outlawz Colour Challenge

It's Tuesday and Week Two for me as a guest designer on the Outlawz Colour Challenge team. This week's challenge is to use purple, then add two colours of your choice and a twist. The first card I made kind of turned out more burgundy than purple. My extra colours were yellow and kraft. My twist was to make a 'masculine fancy fold' card. Usually fancy folds are filled with flowers, butterflies and other feminine touches, but guys like the unusual shapes and folds too. This card was made for my nephew's birthday.


Penny (DT) told me my colours were fine, but being a bit of a perfectionist, I decided to make another card where the purple would be more pronounced. I also used an image from the current month's sponsor, QKR Stampede. My colours (besides purple) are yellow and pink. My twist is to add flourishes. I put the image inside my frame and then popped up the balloons - once for the yellow and twice for the pink. Yes, that is supposed to be pink, but it sure looks orange to me.
 And here is the inside of the card. The sentiment is "By Bird".

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will check out the other designs and challenges at The Outlawz.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

6 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Teresa! I love the masculine fancy fold. You're so right that guys like those, too. Great coloring on the birthday card. What a sweet little gal with her balloons. Love the dimension. :-D

Shoregirl said...

Wow -- that really is a fancy fold card!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, and expressing interest in pinning. If you hover over the picture you should see a "Pin It" button appear for pinning.

Karon said...

Two wonderful cards - Teresa. Love the different designs and fab papers. How is the writing going? Have a great week.

Berni Cuttino said...

Teresa fun fold and project for the special guy. Delightful colors. Thank so much for your prayers. I am feeling better each day.
Hugs

Debbie said...

These are both wonderful!! (You are too hard on yourself!!)

Penny said...

You made two wonderful cards, Teresa! :^)
The first is a great card for a guy! Love the design & folds and all the fun layers!
And your second card is so sweet! Love that darling little girl & your coloring! The flourishes & balloons are fabulous embellishments! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!