Monday, 2 September 2013

My first shadowbox card

Here's the thing about Pinterest... I LOVE it! You can find inspiration for just about anything, especially anything creative. That's where I first saw shadowbox cards and I knew I just had to make one. It is my dear friend's birthday today so that was all the motivation I needed to give this technique a try.

First I found a tutorial at Practical Scrappers (found it from a Pin) and then took the plunge. I was a little unsure of myself in the beginning, but I persevered and I really like how it turned out. I hope my friend likes it.


The design's inspiration came from the Crafty-Emblies wooden embellishments I had in my stash. I thought the Kraftstock went well with them. The valance is a pleated 1" strip of design paper and the buttons were die-cut from a wallpaper remnant. All stuff from my stash.

I didn't get a shot of the card inside because I was in a rush to send it off with my husband, who is hand delivering it. The inside says, "I'm so glad you're my friend. Happy Birthday."

Thanks for popping by. I should have new creations coming up soon as I have a few birthday cards and a couple of thank you cards on my To-do list.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - All Stars (I used my Beautifully Said stamp set from Stampendous - an All-Star in my stash)

10 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This looks great.

Karon said...

Wonderful, love the depth it gives and those embellishments are fab. TFS

Dan said...

What a beautiful card, I'm sure your friend absolutely loved it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Olga Bester said...

Great work...love all the textures you've used.

Lady Anne said...

Hello Teresa, You have made a fabulous job of this project, I'm sure your friend will love it *smile*.
Love ~ Lady Anne
Lady Anne's

NanaConnie said...

Saw this at Outlawz, Teresa, and I just love it! Terrific papers and lace trim.

Penny said...

Teresa, love how you showcased the wooden embellies! They just pop inside your shadowbox! Love your design papers, too! I am sure your friend was happy to receive this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

ursula Uphof said...

Teresa, what a fantastic project. I am sure your friend loved it. I really like all the embellies. Well done! a magnificent job. hugs, Ursula

Berni Cuttino said...

Wow, Teresa, this is an awesome shadowbox, loving the embellies and DP. Simply gorgeous.
Blessings

Shoregirl said...

Oh, wow! What a cute little shadow box!