Wednesday, 4 September 2013

I Sealed it!

Hello Crafty Peeps,

Well, I did another shadowbox card, using a different technique. You can find the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. I went one step further and added a plain card section so I could add my personal message. Oh I was pleased with this one. It had some bumpy embellies that I protected with a little air-filled bag. I slid it into the enveloped and then.... you guessed it .... I sealed it up without first taking a picture! Grrrr....

The good news is I was able to open the envelope without any damage and I took a pic for you. Here it is. The sentiments are by Raindrop Echo Designs and TLC Creations.

This card is for my SIL, who is about the craftiest person I know. She can do everything from knitting a blanket to building a storage shed. She also is a fantastic cook and she treated my family and me like royalty on our recent visit to Ontario. I wanted to make a special card for such a special person.


I also made this simple textured thank you card, which I remembered to take a picture of before sealing it in its envelope.

Thanks for visiting and an extra big thank you to those of you who take the time to comment. It really brightens my day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Stamping All Stars (I used my Hero Arts 'Thank You' stamp & Memento Tuxedo Black Ink)
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Shelby said...

This is a very cool card! Love the texture and the different shapes you've used.

Shelby

Penny said...

So cool, Teresa! Love this shadow-box, too! The sentiment is fantastic, love your embellies and also love the embossing! :^)
Hugs, Penny

ursula Uphof said...

Another great project. You have certainly done well with these, just love the texture on them. Hugs, Ursula

NanaConnie said...

Incredible texture on both of these, Teresa! Loving the wood grain embossing and that die cut is perfect.

Karon said...

Two wonderful cards and love the shadow bow sentiment! TFS

Karen Letchworth said...

This is wonderfully creative and a beautiful display of the scripture. Thank you so much for sharing your art in our challenge this week, Teresa. I'm so grateful to have you share and play along with us, and hope to see you again soon.
God's blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lisa S. said...

Very creative indeed! I love the sentiment and the embossed wood grain. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the texture on the front

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card!! Love the embossed woodgrain and the cut out window at the front. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!