Monday, 23 September 2013

Happy Birthday, Sara!

It is my friend's birthday today and I decided to use one of her own (Avadares) images on her birthday card. Isn't that little ice cream guy cute?

The inspiration for the card came from the Paper Ala Mode challenge at The Outlawz. The challenge is to use something you have had in your stash for a long time yet never used. I have plenty of items that fit that description; it was just a matter of choosing which ones to use. Here's what I dug out for my design inspiration.

Now I know it looks like I had used a couple of these stencils before, but I promise I did not cheat. This set was slightly used when I picked it up at a yard sale some years ago. I stuffed it into my stencil drawer and never got around to using it - until today. This was a lovely bit of fun to use and I think I will be pulling this out again soon.


The sentiment stamp came in a set. I've used the other stamps in the set, but never the sentiment. It just didn't go with other designs I have done. Since I pulled this out before I even started, the sentiment actually inspired the card design.

I had never used the little tag stamp before either. I don't remember where or when I got it, but it was begging for a little ink today. I made two tiny tags with it.
And here is my finished card front. I used the stencil to do a border and the tag stamp for a little accent.
I repeated the stenciled border on the card inside and used the sentiment stamp that inspired the card design. I also made a removable tag as an extra little gift for my friend. I used low-tack tape to hold it in place.
Here is a close-up of the tag. 
While I was at it, I thought I might as well dress up the envelope a bit. I used a different stencil (from the same set) to do a little design on the envelope front. It was easy to add to the envelope flap a bit of the patterned paper I used on the card front. The "Happy Birthday" and "I'm so glad you're my friend" stamps are from a Stampendous set that sees lots of ink.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz - Paper Ala Mode challenge
Make It Monday - Anything Goes




4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a lovely creation! Love the stenciled borders and the wonderful mix of elements.

Karon said...

So beautiful, Teresa. Fabulous colours and love the stamps and punches! TFS

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card ,love the bright cheerful colours and how you used the stencils
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Loz said...

Fantastic set. I saw these on MIM..Loz