Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Fairy Shadowbox Card

Hello Peeps,

We are almost into October and I am still doing birthday cards one at a time; no extras for my stash. I really should be working on Christmas cards by this time. Oh well. I think it is most important to remember my dear ones on their individual special days. Today's card was made with my wonderful SIL in mind. I have the best in-laws in the world.

If you want to know how to make this card my tutorial is here. (click the word here) I wanted a patterned paper on the front of my card so I glued it on before cutting out my window. I used the cut-out for the inside message.

The colour scheme is from the colour challenge at The Outlawz challenge group. The twist is to use sponging or distressing on your project. I distressed my blue center piece by scoring it and sanding the score lines. I sponged the paper on the card front with SU's chocolate chip ink. I used the same on the oval piece. I made the flower from silk flowers I pulled apart and fastened together with a brad.


As I mentioned earlier, I used the piece I cut out for the window on the inside of my card for the message. I hope my SIL likes this.




Thanks for stopping by. I would love to see your shadowbox cards. If you make one, please let me know so I can visit your blog to see.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz - Colour Challenge

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So cheerful and colorful it looks
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Karon said...

Gorgeous card - love those papers. TFS

Penny said...

Such a pretty shadow box, Teresa! Love the blues & yellows! Love your embossing, and fabulous embellies, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny