Thursday, 1 August 2013

Journey of a Painting - Step 3

This is Step 3 of a painting I have been working on over the last two months. Hopefully, you have been following along. If not, you might want to review my last two postings.

I didn't want the actual background from the photograph for two reasons: 1) I am not good at painting scenery and I don't enjoy doing so. 2) I really wanted to focus on my subjects, capturing the loving gaze between Terry and his mom, with no distractions.

So Step 3 was to create a pleasing background that would make my subjects really pop. How do you think I did?


So far, except for the background, this is a monochrome painting. Tomorrow you will get to see where I started adding colour. I hope you come back to see the rest of the process.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

1 comment:

Lady Anne said...

Oh Teresa, you have captured the love between the son and mother, such a beautiful painting. Well done and keep up the great work...
Much love ~ Anne xx