Thursday, 29 August 2013

Butterfly Gratitude

Today I made a card for a wonderful group of ladies at the Grace Healing Room. They are volunteers who offer loving prayer and support to anyone who asks for it.

I had always suffered from homesickness and anxiety about going away from home. The longer the trip, the sooner I started stressing out about it. I had been looking forward for months to seeing my three sons all together and celebrating the marriage of our youngest, but for weeks my joy had been strangled by anxiety. This was ridiculous and I wanted it to stop.

So I decided to give the Grace Healing Room a try.

There I filled in a simple form stating the reason for my visit and sat in a comfortable room with music playing softly until I was called.

The three ladies who prayed for me were like ministering angels. I felt respected, listened to and, most of all, loved. These ladies exuded the love of God. I left feeling peaceful and cherished by them and by God.

The remaining time leading up to, and during my entire vacation, I did not feel homesick, or anxious about my pets at home. This was the first time in my life that I did not experience homesickness. I was not even stressed by the constant socializing, like I usually would have been; in fact, I enjoyed every minute of it.

I wanted to express my gratitude to my ministering angels, so I made them this card. the lovely digital image is by artist Anne Fenton.


Thanks for visiting my blog.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz CAS challenge - inspiration, CAS
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Karon said...

Such a wonderful post - so glad that you were able to feel at ease and relaxed whilst you were away! Love the card - it is gorgeous. TFS

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way the butterfly contrasts against the subtle background
and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Card making Tutorials

Penny said...

How wonderful for you that your trip was not stressful! :^)
And what a beautiful card for these ladies! That butterfly is sooo gorgeous! :^)
Hugs, Penny

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Teresa, and even more beautiful story. God works in amazing ways. :-D

Andrea said...

Saw your card on MIM what a stunning design love the colouring and the elegant simplicity...and a perfect choice of stamp . It sound like you had a wonderful time and i'm sure the ladies will really appreciate your kindness
Andrea #72

Berni Cuttino said...

Wow, this is so pretty, love the colors of the butterfly and the background butterfly
Hope you are doing well.
Blessings.

Lady Anne said...

Hello Teresa,
I think what I like the most about this fabulous card is it's simplicity, it simply beautiful. Love your colouring of the butterfly which is perfect as I would expect from such an expert *smile*
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Lisa S. said...

Your card is beautiful and I loved reading your post. Glad you had a stress free visit! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks for all of your lovely comments. This card was featured on The Outlawz. The last time I made a card with this same beautiful image, it was featured as well. Many thanks to the talented artist, Anne Fenton.

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Love the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card and lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey!
Hugs, Iwona