Sunday, 2 June 2013

Work in Progress

As mentioned in my last post, I have been taking art lessons from Susan Christiansen at our local Michael's store. I have been doing a painting of my (deceased) Alexandrine parrot, Gonzo the Great. The first step was to transfer the outline of a blow-up photo to my canvas. Step 2 was a tonal (shades in neutral) painting, which I published in my last post and also here. Step 3 was to start adding color. These photos will show you my progress, as I near completion.

Tonal Painting

White highlights and starting the feathers

Feathers completed

Eye, Cere & Upper Mandible (beak)




Thanks for stopping by. I will post the finished painting as soon as I can get a good photo of it.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

3 comments:

Karon said...

WOW Teresa, this is turning out awesome. Love love the texture that you can still see and fabulous colours. TFS

Lady Anne said...

Well done Teresa, I think you are doing great, keep up the good work sweetheart...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Teresa, this is going to be so incredible! I love seeing the steps as each one takes place. Beautiful feathers with magnificent highlighting.