Saturday, 30 March 2013

He is Risen!

It has been quite a while since my last post. I made some Easter cards during the last week, but didn't have time to photograph them, so I made sure to take some pics of my final batch to share with you. I would also like to share some sentiments (some new) with you, my loyal followers. But first the cards.....

Yesterday I was itching to try a new technique - wax paper resist. It's really easy. I found lots of tutorials on You Tube. My favorite was to use an embossing folder on the wax paper before transferring it to card stock. I like Gina K.'s suggestion of using two pieces of cardstock to get double duty out of the embossed wax paper and my iron. That poor old thing. I had to dust it off - literally - before I could use it. I don't even remember the last time I actually ironed anything.

First I dry embossed my wax paper using cuttlebug embossing folders. Next I transferred the design to card using my iron. I put a paper towel on top to prevent wax getting onto my iron. Then I sponged ink onto the cardstock to bring up the design. I masked 3 of the cards first so I would have a straight line of each color - peach and light sage.

I made my flowers from little tissue paper squares from the Dollar Store. I took a few layers each of orange and peach; then I rounded the corners, adding a little shape. I used only 2-3 layers of green, cutting points at each corner. I put everything together with a tiny brad and started separating the orange & peach layers, scrunching each layer to the center. I scrunched the orange (first) layer tightly and looser with the peach. I did this on a soft mouse pad and used an embossing tool. For the leaves, I dragged the embossing tool along the center of each 'leaf'.

The art pieces are vintage clip-art I found on the Internet. The "He is Risen" sentiment is by Digi Sparkle. All other sentiments are mine - Tickell Expressions.




  

I wasn't happy with this inside verse so I changed it. I think it is an improvement. I hope you will too. Here is the new sentiment for you in JPEG format. I am offering a color as well as a B&W version. It's probably too late for you to use it this year, but you can always file it away for next year.



My final card uses BoBunny papers, vintage clip art and another lovely sentiment from Digi Sparkle.

inside
Here is my spring sentment:
jpeg

png

And here is a verse you might be able to use for those upcoming summer weddings or anniversaries:

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the sentiments. You don't have to link to my site when you use them, but it would be nice if you mentioned Tickell Expressions when you post.

A blessed Easter weekend to you all,

7 comments:

Penny said...

First of all, thank you for sharing your sentiments--it is so very sweet of you! :^)
Love those wax-resist cards--they are just gorgeous--love the pretty designs & colors you chose for them. Your flowers are beautiful and so creative!!! And your last design is just lovely--the papers & colors are so pretty together! :^)
Have a fabulous Easter!
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

WOW Teresa - love all the cards and the wax resist!! Fabulous. Wonderful sentiments too. Hope you are well and enjoying the Easter weekend. Hugs, Karon.

Debbie said...

These are wonderful Easter cards, Teresa!! I really like the effect of wax paper resist!! Going to have to check that out!!
Have a Blessed Easter!!

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic technique, Teresa, and your results are so beautiful! Wonderful sentiment and verse. Thank you, my friend.

Judy said...

These are simply beautiful!

xo

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Hey Teresa,

By seeing your name listed over at Doing Life as the winner of one of her prizes, I finally got a chance to find your personal blog. Congrats on your win!

Hope you have been well. Beautiful cards and thanks so much for the freebies.

Lisa D.

Golda said...

Wonderful sentiments and cards. I really love the gift sentiment! Such a great way of looking at marriage.