Tuesday, 22 January 2013

The Outlawz Color Challenge - Jan.22

This week's cheerful color combo was chosen by Roxann. Her twist is to make something square.

A couple of weeks ago, my Sunday School lesson called for 'bricks' so I made a bundle of plain boxes that I would be able to later convert into gift boxes. One of the 'bricks' just happened to be square. That is what I used for this week's Color Challenge project at The Outlawz.

The vintage image is from The Graphics Fairy and I made the flower out of 1-inch tissue paper squares that my husband stuffed into my Christmas stocking - a great dollar store find.

Thanks for visiting. I loved having you over. :)

Blessing hugs,
Teresa



11 comments:

Karon said...

Wonderful - love the cute image, its just fabulous. TFS

NanaConnie said...

Wow, Teresa! This is incredible. This particular color combo takes me back to the 60s when pink and orange together were something really 'rad'-ical. :-D

Lady Anne said...

Oh Teresa, this box is so pretty, I love the tissue paper flower it looks so sweet, the lace just sets the whole thing of as it frames the beautiful image...
Love ~ Lady Anne
Cards by Lady Anne

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Teresa, I like the image, the flower and the lace.
Kevin xx

Rosie Guiher said...

I just love this Teresa! Love the old fashion image and the lace. Gotta check out the challenge now that my blog is finally working i might just get some cards made for them.

Debbie said...

What a sweet gift box!! That's a cute image! Great decorating on the box, too!

Judy said...

Oh how pretty!!! You know I just made a box for my last card, and how ironic that I was thinking of the box being the gift for a project...great minds think alike as they say.

Super creation hun..just love it.

xo
Judy

Susan Sieracki said...

Teresa, thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog for this color challenge. This was an AWESOME one. Loved playing along. I get my resin from Lowe's...it is a home improvement store. I use Famowood Glaze Coat Clear Epoxy. It comes with the resin and the hardener and you mix the two together. It's way less expensive than using a lot of other resins you buy from craft stores. I hope this helps.

Susan Sieracki said...

Not sure if my comment went through.

Penny said...

What a precious box, Teresa! Love the colors, that sweet image & the pretty embellishments that you added! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Berni Cuttino said...

Teresa, this is so beautiful, so perfect for the special girl. Sweet.
Blessings
Berni