Saturday, 19 January 2013

Experimenting with designs

This week I thought I would try out a couple of different designs. This twist on a pop-up card I found in the winter issue of CardMaker magazine. I am not overly pleased with the result. It might have been better had I had a sharper knife or thinner cardstock for my middle layer. All in all, I'm not crazy about the design itself, so I will probably not try it again.

The sweet little girl image is from Anne's Digital Art. Anne gave this image for the current round of Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz.





My other card uses a barn template that I won on a Paper Craft Planet blog hop this past summer. The images I used are a vintage rooster and a darling sheep from Designed2Delight. I did enjoy making this design and may use it again.








Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your visits and your comments brighten my day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

 Here is a little gift for you:
jpeg

png


Challenges entered:

CDAC - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful designs. I can see you had a lot of fun with these.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

To great cards Teresa and thanks for sharing the the little digis:-) Have a great Sunday. TFS

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

HI TERESA ... so good to see you again ... it's been WAY TOO long!
These creations are AMAZING and totally ADORABLE!! Sure to put a smile on the face of the recipient!
Thanks so much for joining in the CDAC challenges and for helping to spread the word about the “new & improved CDAC”
Darlene
CDAC Mgmt Team
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

NanaConnie said...

I love both of these, Teresa! I saw the first one over at Outlawz, but this is the first time I've seen the barn. How absolutely clever!

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are wonderful Teresa, I love the designs, I like the image and the gems on the first and the sweet lamb in his barn
Kevin xx

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,
It's always nice to try another card design. I like them both. But I think everybody is more critical about one's own creations. I agree, the barn shaped card is very cute.
Best wishes,Wies

Lady Anne said...

Just love what you have done those cute stamps which you have coloured so well and the cards are so very different, I think I prefer the sheep one the best *smile* he looks so cute and love the picture on his wall of the hen *smile*
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Cards by Lady Anne

Shoregirl said...

Love that barn with opening doors and window -- how adorable!!

Vicki Romaine said...

This is so cute. I love all the details. Thanks for sharing at CDAC Anything Goes.

hoptownracer1 said...

WOW! Your card is wonderful! So cute with the barn and animals. Thank you also for the sweet sentiment! :)