Tuesday, 4 December 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - Dec.4

Laurian chose this week's color palette at The Outlawz Color Challenge with the twist to add bells. December's color challenge sponsor is Digi My World. I used one of their sweet images to make my project today.

My DH and I sponsor a child in Indonesia through Compassion Canada. Each October they send us a Christmas card to fill out and send to our sponsored child. I made a tag which I attached to the front of the Compassion Canada card, being careful not to add too much bulk.

I think our little boy in Indonesia will like it. He is so sweet. We started our sponsorship when he was 4 and he is now 7. He calls us Uncle Terry and Aunt Teresa. I once sent a picture of our dog and he was so excited, saying that he dreamed she was his dog. He and his family pray for us all the time. We love receiving their letters. Honestly, I don't know which of us benefits more from our monthly sponsorship and it is such a small amount.

If you have never sponsored a child, you really don't know what you are missing. Desti is our 3rd sponsored child since 1990. The first two were girls and were through World Vision, another fabulous organization. I have kept their pictures and letters in files and the memories of them in my heart. As you are deciding what to buy for each of your loved ones this Christmas, I hope you will consider giving yourself a new family member who lives far away. You will never regret it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing hugs, Teresa


9 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is wonderful and I love the post:-) TFS

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous colors and coloring, Teresa! Such a fantastic tag card. Great embossing and the fibers are a wonderful touch at the top of the tag. I'm so impressed with this!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! Sweet image!

Lady Anne said...

Oh Teresa as always you have created a fabulous card. Plus your give of love which you stretch throughout the world. Bless your beautiful heart.
Sending love and big hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

Shelby said...

Sweet tag and just love how you've colored him up with darker skin tones.

Shelby

Penny said...

What a generous idea, Teresa! And this little tag is just darling--love that little boy, he's so cute! Love the embossing & embellies, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Berni Cuttino said...

Cute, too cute, Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Michaela said...

Hi Teresa
Thank you very much for your comment you left on my blog. Very much appreciated!
Your creation is gorgeous and so sweet and it is certainly going to touch the special little person's heart you made it for. You have a heart of gold yourself.
Michaela xx

Judy said...

Okay now this little cutie gets the official "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" Way to cute, and I just love the little package by him. Adorable card hun.

xo
Judy