Tuesday, 13 November 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - Nov.13

Margaret chose our palette at The Outlawz Color Challenge this week. Her twist is to make it about Thanksgiving or a Thank you. Since our Canadian Thanksgiving is over, I decided to make mine a Thank You card.








This month's delicious sponsor is
I used one of their delicious digis as the focal point for my card. I colored it with Tombow dye markers, some copics (mushrooms) and Prisma pencils.


Do you ever make a card and then look at it and think it looks under-dressed? That's how this card looked to me, so I let it sit overnight and most of the next day. Not coming up with easy solutions, I went digging into my stash. I mean, we're talking stuff that has sat for literally years without being touched. The corner stickers came from there, as did the wine bottle. I cut that out from a magazine and mounted it on cardstock about 6 years ago when I had hardly any crafting supplies and was just starting out. I added a tiny piece of orange ribbon to 'tie' it into the color scheme; then I added some rhinestones, and now I am happy with the result. One card - fully dressed. At least the card is; the image - not so much. That's why I made her green.
I hope you like the results. Thank you for stopping by. I always enjoy your visits, especially when you comment to let me know you have been here.

 Blessing hugs,
Teresa













4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Teresa this is gorgeous. Love the rich colours.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love the colours you have used on this one, it makes the image really stand out, so striking
Lindsay xx

Penny said...

What a wonderful card, Teresa! Love the colors you chose for your fairy! She really stands out on the card! :^) Love the die cuts and embellishments too on this unique card! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Laurian said...

Love the way you coloured the fairy Teresa definitely 'outside the box'!
Fabulous card, love the design and the sentiment is great!

Hugs

Laurian