Sunday, 7 October 2012

Two Cards - One Inspiration

Elaine hosted this week's Member Challenge at Card Swaps. Her challenge is to use a watercolor technique.

I used stamps from Stampin' Up (Fairy & Vintage Frame) for my first card, plus die cut negatives for the base of both cards. The first card does not use water, but only inks, so it doesn't count for Elaine's. Call it my inspiration piece.



My second card actually used the ink and water method. I put drops of ink onto an acrylic block and spread it around with a wet paintbrush. At first I tried to stamp it directly on top of my die cut negative on the card front. Nope. That didn't work. I tried it again. Uh-uh. Finally I brushed the watered ink into the stencil formed from my die cut negative, brushing from the outer edges to the center. It warped the card a bit, as I suspected it would, but I guess it's not too bad of a result. I added a crocheted flower (with vintage button) to the center of my watercolor piece and pearls to my ink-stenciled flourishes. I used die cut negatives for those too. It would have been a much better plan to have done the watercolor piece separately and adhered it to the card front.



Challenges:
Lady Anne's - Friday Sentiment
Lady Anne's - Anything Goes

15 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

Both cards are fabulous. Purple is my fave, so of course, this is first choice. Truly marvelous, darling. A note of thanks for visiting and leaving the lovely comments. Hugs

Penny said...

Hey, you live and learn, right? So next time you'll do it differently. But I think both cards are terrific! Love the colors, patterns, and flowers on each of them. The little girl is darling and the stamp for the sentiment is so pretty! Thank you for sharing this with us at Lady Anne's! Hope to see you again with our next challenge! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Golda said...

Great work, Teresa!

Shelby said...

Both of these cards are so pretty. Really love the flower and the ink work in the first card and the crocheted flower looks awesome in the second card.

Shelby

Lady Anne said...

Both of your cards are great I love the flowers you have made for them and the stamps you used too. Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne xx

Wies said...

Lovely cards Teresa. Especially the one with the fairy. I like the flowers on both cards.

Best wishes, Wies

Laurian said...

Beautiful cards Teresa, love the fairy and as always your lovely crochet flowers!

Hugs

Laurian

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works so well together. Hugs Desíre {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member}

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Beautiful cards Teresa!!
The first one is my favorite!
Hugs,Sandra

Amanda said...

Beautiful cards Teresa, love the purple one of my favo colours, only at this moment DP with purple are not hot in Holland. Glad you enjoyed the bloghop, thank you so much for your lovely comment and enjoy "So Tweet"

hugs and blessings Amanda

Shoregirl said...

What a cute little fairy! Sounds like you had fun experimenting with water coloring! I've always wanted to try my hand at it -- just haven't gotten around to it yet! You inspire me to soon!

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe so sweet and cute, beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Berni Cuttino said...

Back with a different hat. Adorable, beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Cards By Lady Anne. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
cardsbyladyanne.

Berni Cuttino said...

Just a note of luv and blessings to a fantastic, talented and loving sister in christ. Blessings hugs.

Lise Cooke said...

wow they are both gorgeous, love the fairy on the first one and i love the flower on your second one, Love the designs on both, they are fabulous xxx