Friday, 7 September 2012

Seek The Lord Embellished Painting

The Word Art Wednesday challenge, and a number of other crafty bloggers, have gotten me inspired to make more designs using scriptures.

For today's project I painted a simple background on a 5"x7" canvas. I didn't want to cover the scene so I printed my scripture sentiment (Isaiah 55:6) on acetate. I used glue runner tape to adhere it, but it is not staying very well. (Any suggestions?)

The little wooden crown I got from Crafty-Emblies in the UK. OMGosh! They have the most unique and beautiful embellishments I have yet seen. I received my first order in the mail yesterday. The crown was a freebie they tossed in just to say thanks for my order. The prices are very reasonable as well. Here are just a couple of the embellishments I purchased.

Okay. Back to my project. My painting's inspiration came from Janelle's cloud painting tutorial on Paper Craft Planet. Thanks Janelle! The water was a natural progression for me. Must have something to do with the fact that I live on an island. 8^) I used embossing powders (Clear Tops: Natural Cinnamon Haze and just a titch of clear) for my sand. I added Liquid Pearls 'sea shells', a plastic 'star fish' and little dots here and there with a dark brown marker. I also added blue rhinestones to my Crafty-Emblies wooden crown.

Thanks for visiting and I hope I have inspired you in some way today.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa


Challenges Entered:

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes with a scripture
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Pin & Tack - Anything Goes

17 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Teresa. It's WONDERFUL to have you join in the fun with our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate that you shared your darling card with us. I am always SO BLESSED to visit each blog and see the sweet work God has laid on the hearts of crafters, and this is really cute. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it with us. Have a blessed week, and please come back soon!!
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW such a unique creation and you are right those wooden embellies are awesome . I just said a Thank You to you on my blog.Do drop by!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful painting!! I love that you added the verse!!!

Vicky said...

Beautiful card, I love your colouring of that gorgeous seascape!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey

hugs Vicky xxx

Lori m said...

This is stunning your paintings are amazing.

Hugs, Lori m

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful scene, very peaceful. Thanks so much for your visit and leaving the lovely comments. Hugs

Wendy Swenne said...

Love the art you've shared. Love the colors and the scripture!

Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.
Have a blessed weekend.

Wendy

NanaConnie said...

Great idea to use the Liquid Pearls for seashells in this painting, Teresa! You are so talents and so creative! Magnificent job on the clouds.

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
My entries are: #13, #53, # 117, #118, #119, #201, # 258 and # 279.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia

Desire Fourie said...

Teresa this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Lots of eye candy. Wishing you a fab weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Michelle said...

Hi

Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday this week with this wonderful project.

Unfortunately as this is not Paper Craft it is not a valid entry, but it was fun to come visit.

Michelle :o)

hcolella said...

Hi Teresa!

Lovely card. It is awe-inspiring. The tiny crown/boat on the immense ocean is such an accurate picture of our journey in this world.

Thankfully we are secure in our God who is infinitely BIGGER, no matter how foreboding the ocean may seem.

And the scripture fits perfectly...

Thanks for how you give of yourself through your creation - it is inspiring. Love, Hannah xx

Berni Cuttino said...

Just a note. Thanks for your sweet visit and leaving the luv. Hugs

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design!! It makes me long to be near the ocean :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dannii said...

I adore Crafty Emblies. Great use of their products. Fab creation. Thank you for joining us over at Spark Your Creativity Challenge. x

Kim B said...

Wonderful work. Love it that you used scripture. Maybe mod podge or gel medium for the scripture?
Thanks so much for joining us at Spark Your Creativity.

Golda said...

Teresa, this is gorgeous!