Monday, 3 September 2012

Revive Your Marriage Challenge

I started participating in a challenge today that is different from the challenges I usually participate in. This challenge is called, "Revive Your Marriage" and is hosted by The Time Warp Wife and her friends. There are free gifts along the way and lots of inspiration for bringing new life into your marriage.

If you are like me and you have been blessed with a wonderful husband, you know that the key to a successful marriage is learning how to nurture and care for your relationship. That is an ongoing process and sometimes you need a bit of inspiration to give you a boost. I hope many of my married friends will join me at The Time Warp Wife's Revive Your Marriage.

In May of the year my husband and I celebrated 25 years of marriage by renewing our vows. In part of our ceremony we used swords to represent our commitment to defending our marriage and attacking our problems rather than each other.

When my husband, Terry, read his personal vows to me, he explained that a warrior's sword can become rusted and dull over many years of battle. He said that the renewing of our vows and our new wedding celebration was like the sharpening of our swords so we will be better prepared to continue the fight for our marriage in the years ahead. Now is not a time to lay our swords down and fold our hands.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa







4 comments:

Ashley Ditto said...

I just found your blog and I am so thankful I did. I needed this post! It helped me so much!!

2peasinapod said...

Thanks Teresa, for the visit and the encouragment. Hugs Brenda

Colleen Holmes said...

You and your hubby are so blessed to have one another:) Hugz sweetie - I am going to check out the website.

Penny said...

Aw, Teresa, this is so very sweet! So glad you and your hubby have each other! :^)
Hugs,
Penny