Saturday, 15 September 2012

Pholkart Blessings Christmas Card

Yesterday Patti Moore of Pholkart Blessings offered a free digi to anyone who joined her new FB group. I chose her 'Love Birds' digi and decided to combine it with another Pholkart Blessings digi of a little Christmas house. The house is so cute, I thought it would make an adorable shaped card.

First I glued the house to red cardstock; then cut around the right side of the image and scored along the left side of the house. The left side of the roof had no red behind it then. Oops. I cut a little piece of red cardstock and glued it behind the roof piece, trimming it around. Fixed.

I thought the Love Birds image would be charming nesting on the door wreath. I made four copies and built them one on top of the other to add some dimension. Remember paper tolling? That is basically the idea. I've started doing it recently and it's my new favorite technique.


La La Land's new challenge is Wish Upon a Star and we are asked to add stars to our projects. I just happened to have some lovely gold stars that I added to the window valances in my Christmas cottage.


I hope my little Christmas card brings you a smile and inspires you to create your own smile projects. Thanks for visiting my space in blogland. I am so glad you did.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

PS - I won twice at Lady Anne's Paper Crafts this week. Can you believe it? The sponsors were Digi Stamps 4 Joy and Sweetly Scrapped.

Challenges:
Pholkart Blessings - Red & Yellow
La-La Land Crafts - Wish Upon a Star
Cute Card Thursday - Christmas in September
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Always Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

And a free sentiment for you. Left-click to enlarge; right-click to 'save as' to your computer. Enjoy.
jpeg
png

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is beautiful ...I had cut a house shaped card some time back but yet to complete it..yours is fabulous

Penny said...

Oh, Teresa, this is just the cutest house! Love it! I would never have thought to make it into a card! The birds above the door is a great touch! (Regarding the chimney--there is always a way to fix a boo-boo!) And thank you so much for the sentiment! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Karen said...

Your Christmas Cottage is so charming! Beautifully decorated windows, and adore the doves!
Thanks for joining the PholkArt Blessings color challenge! I hope you will visit again!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Teresa, what a fabulous house and love the sentiment, the little love birds are so cute

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
.

SHARY said...

Love your little house, really different for Xmas. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Wies said...

What a lovely Christmas house with great details and sentiment.

Greetings, Wies