Tuesday, 7 August 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - August 7

http://api.ning.com/files/PKFE7DukclTmjWflXgILiXVq8JDhuTf1BFJytKxd072Ary8KzVljoYM25FbdohRUVXqlwOxkuN88H9Uytj3B0pRZBDu2puSO/20120807cc.jpgIt's Tuesday again and that means a new color challenge is starting at The Outlawz. Roxann chose our color palette for this week and her twist is to add pearls. This month's Color Challenge sponsor is The Stamping Boutique. Unfortunately, my printer is out of commission until I buy some new toner (expensive) so I could not use a TSB digital image.

Blogger buddy Karon, at Karon's Krafty Korner, has a great tutorial for a Squash Fold card. I had never done one of these so, of course, I wanted to try it. I get a little tired of the same old A2 fold all the time. Besides, I want to get lots of use out of my new Martha Stewart score board that I bought last week.

I like to remember my family members and close friends with handmade birthday cards. I also make a point of remembering the kids in my Sunday School class in the same way. The class I teach is "large group" and includes about 30 kids from K-Gr.6.

I try to get all of my cards ready and organized during the first Monday of the month to make sure I don't get busy and forget someone. Well, let me tell you, August has a bumper crop of birthdays for me this year. Between new family members, new SS kids and birthday parties for friends & relatives I would not normally make cards for, it has been pretty overwhelming. Fortunately, I was able to gather enough cards from my stock of birthday and all occasion cards to fill the bill. One thing I noticed, though, is that I am woefully short on cards for boys and men. Hence, my choice of this masculine design.

Materials:
Papers - Stampin' Up, Recollections, undefined stash
Snoopy Stamps - Stampabilities
Partee Animule & Paw (To/From)Stamps - Uptown Rubber Stamps
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Clearly Better Peach & SU Chocolate Chip
Stars & Pearls - Dollar Store finds
Other - Vinyl material - yard sale find (a whole roll for next to nothing)

Thanks for visiting. This was a fun and easy project. I hope you will give it a try.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa



4 comments:

Lady Anne said...

Fabulous male card Teresa. I love that fold and I have been over to Karen's to check it out so I shall have a play now *smile*
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Thanks for the shout out Teresa - really appreciate it. Your card is awesome I love it:-) TFS

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wow, great fold Teresa! Must try this soon - love the Snoopy too :)

Shelby said...

What a terrifically cool card! Thanks for the link and just love how you've designed this card.

Shelby