Saturday, 11 August 2012

New Challenge at LAPC

There are two new challenges at Lady Anne's Paper Crafts today - a new color challenge (sponsored by Crafting With Jack) and this freebie challenge, sponsored by Nettie G's Digital Gems.

The challenge is to make a card or project using the provided digital image and using some basic design elements as outlined in the challenge. There will be two prizes - one by random draw and the other will be chosen by Nettie for the best basic design.

Here is what I made for my design team card. I used the elements of line, shape and texture on my card. Besides my embellishments, my main texture piece is visual. I used a technique called "Pillow Top" from Stamp TV to create the background to my image piece. My shape is in my die cut around the image. I chose mainly horizontal/vertical lines to give a tranquil feel to the design, while the diagonal lines in the background piece lend movement.


Thanks for dropping by and God bless your weekend.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Challenge Up Your Life - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge Group - Background

2 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, so sweet and pretty, Teresa! Absolutely love the background you created for your image--and the die cut is really cool, too! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Martina said...

what a lovely card <3

thanks so much for joining us over at Challenge Up Your Life!!

xo Martina