Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Koi Pond Sympathy

There is another Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz and you should see the gorgeous images Sandi (Huggett) and Anne (Fenton) have given us to play with this fortnight. My card today uses Anne's beautiful koi pond. It seemed the perfect, peaceful setting for a sympathy card.

I also created this card for a couple of other challenges. Created With Love has a challenge to create a sympathy card with a scripture verse on the front. My scripture Word Art came from Fred She Said designs. The Heartfelt Sympathy sentiment is from Paper Garden Projects.

My colors were suggested by the gorgeous inspiration photo at Lady Anne's "Color My Monday" challenge. Incidentally, Lady Anne has a great giveaway going right now for a set of Neon Markers.

My papers are Recollections and I used Spellbinders dies. I did some fun digital layering for my koi pond. Then I made an extra copy of the image. I colored my fish and rocks; then pasted them into my pond. As a last bit of inspiration, I decided to make one of my 'rocks' into an oyster, complete with pearl, compliments of Liquid Pearls. My leaves are die cuts and the flower gems are from my stash.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa


Other Challenges Entered:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

19 comments:

Scrappin Chris said...

I lcve this card. So colorful. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges

Chris

Scrappin Chris said...

I lcve this card. So colorful. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges

Chris

Margaret said...

Teresa, this is gorgeous. I love the angle of seeing the fish from the top. Your coloring is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa your card is absolutly just beautiful. I love the die cuts you used and those fish are awsome girl.....thank you for playing along with us at Ladyannes.
Rosie G

Lady Anne said...

Love your card Teresa, you have managed to capture the colours beautifully...
Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Paper Crafts.
Love ~ Lady Anne

Rose Petal said...

Hello Teresa. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful and very calming creation. Gorgeous verse too.
Thanks for sharing at Created with love.
Sandra xx

Berni Cuttino said...

Teresa, this card is fabulous, loving the colors and design, so pretty. Blessings

Sandi said...

Beautiful card Teresa!

Penny said...

Teresa, this is such a lovely, thoughtful card! I especially love the die cuts for the framing of your image and sentiment! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great.

Andrea said...

Wonderful sympathy card. I love all the details and the verse you used. Thanks for playing along with Created With Love Challenges.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Teresa your card is so beautiful. I love it. I am so happy to see you here with us at Created with Love Challenges. Hope to see more of you.
Linda

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful cards.

Ellis said...

Gorgoeus card you made, I like Koi fishes and the frames and leaves looks great!
Hugs, Elenor

scrapclose2theheart said...

I absolutely love that image & the card that you were able to create with it! :)

Scrappin Mama said...

Beautiful card!! Love the verse and flowers are adorable. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
Lisa O

gobarb26 said...

Nice card. Love all of the layers.

DT member CWLC

craftin-dawn said...

Beautiful! love ann the die cuts and the flowers and leaves! The image is very pretty! thanks for sharing and playing along at Created With Love Challenges
DawnD

scrapclose2theheart said...

Teresa~I love the nifty oyster. I also love this "koi" image. I got about 4 images behind. This image & the dragonfly were both so beautiful. You did a great job coloring this & making it a masterpiece. :)