Saturday, 11 August 2012

Creative Freebie Challenge - 1st Project

Today ends another round at the Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz. I can't wait to see the next set of images from artists, Sandi Huggett and Anne Fenton.

I used Anne's image to complete a painting I began several months ago. It never looked finished to me and now it does. My inspiration for using this canvas came from Karen at Papercraft Memories and from her recent word art scripture. It is my husband's favorite verse and when I mentioned this to Karen, she came back with some wonderful ideas for a gift I could make for Terry using the verse. As happens, her ideas spurred my own creativity and that is what got me thinking outside of the box of making only cards with digital images. Thanks Karen!

Once I pieced this together and photographed, I realized how apropos the rocks were, along with the garden gate. It put me in mind of the times we feel that we are being dashed against the rocks of life and any sense of comfort or peace seems fenced off from us. That is when we can choose to not try to make sense of it, but to rather trust God and find solace in His Presence alone.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge Group - Background

7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The gate looks fabulous and my you are one talented lady-- you paint too!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Maria Matter said...

Wow, gorgeous Teresa!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Teresa: I'm so glad to learn that you're friends with Karen M. She is a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous project with your hubby's favorite scripture. It turned out wonderfully. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. I just prayed for you and your family, and really hope you will continue to join us each week.
Be blessed,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Berni Cuttino said...

This is so precious. One of my fave verse. Also thanks for the scripture freebie. Awesome verse with beautiful background. Blessings my Sister in Christ

Shoregirl said...

What a lovely painting! I so love that fence and gate!
(Shoregirl - Word Art Wednesday guest designer for the month of August)

Karen Murray said...

Teresa, this is beautiful! I love how you started with a base of your own painting and then added the layers. You are so talented! Can't wait to see your future projects. ~Karen

Patricia St Martin said...

Teresa, Your gate and fence turned out so wonderful, love how you have the sun in the background and the sentiment is just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Creative. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs