Wednesday, 18 July 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - July17


It's another Tuesday Color Challenge at The Outlawz. This week Ursula chose our colors and this adorable inspiration photo. Her twist is to add something with wings.

Our July sponsor is A Day For Daisies, but this week I used an image from Beyond The Fringe Crafts. The card is for my brother and he loves tall ships so this image was perfect.

The fold is a twisted easel. I used Golda's tutorial from Cards and Candles in Progress. Thanks for a great tutorial, Golda. I have wanted to try one of these for some time and it was a way to make my brother's card extra special.

 The black 'paper' I used is actually a piece of black vinyl. I picked up a roll of it at a yard sale last summer. Another yard sale find (this summer) is the photo paper I used to make the black and white embossed swirls piece.The embossing folder is by Cuttlebug.

Other materials used: Spellbinders Nestabilities die Scalloped Circle; patterned paper by Stampin' Up; Taken With Teal ink by Stampin' Up; black sequins and blue rhinestone stickers from the Dollar Store.



Lastly, I clipped the golden eagle from a vintage ad that I picked up at Free Vintage Digital Stamps. Thanks Pamela! I printed 3 images and cut a little less from each eagle. Then I layered them, popping up the 2nd layer and sticking the others with glue dots. I like how it turned out.

I hope you like my card and that you will join in the challenge over at The Outlawz.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges entered:
Card Swaps - Funky Fold
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Add Some Sparkle
Mema's Crafts - Anything Goes
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Free Theme
My Time To Craft - Water theme
Paper Expressions - Use Scripture
Use It Tuesday - Emboss (Hoarded Supply - Black Vinyl)


FREE WORDART FOR YOU. (Left click to enlarge; right click to "Save As" to your computer)

JPEG

PNG

14 comments:

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thank you for sharing this beautiful word art
Lindsay xx

Golda said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Teresa! Thanks for the link, too. Have a great week!

Stampin D Amour said...

Teresa - LOVE your card!! I'm pinning it to Pinterest! xo

-pamela ;)

Mema's Crafts said...

Hi Teresa. This is definitely one of those WOW cards. I love the colors and it reminds me of the ocean side beaches near Cape Cod. Really really lovely. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts and sharing your talent. Good Luck in the draw and please continue to visit and play with us.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation hun, just love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Jennipher said...

Teresa, this is incredible! Love the Scripture you chose. Thanks for the free word art and thanks for linking up to Tuesday's Testimonial.

Penny said...

Love the twisted easel--the ship and bird are so cool on it. And I love the embossing!
Hugs,
Penny

Carmen said...

Super awesome card Teresa! I absolutely love the way you've used this image, and also the card is incredible. I'll definitely add it to the original digi post along with a link back. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, and I will check out the video. Blessings! :)

Tess Davis said...

Very nice! Love the color combo!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!!

Vic Lau said...

What an interesting layout-the bird is a nice touch :) Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Shelby said...

Wonderful nautically themed design! The colors and the textures work perfectly together.

Shelby

Helen said...

Beautiful! Every element of this card is perfect! I love that verse, too. Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

MariLynn said...

Beautiful card. I love how the twisted easel looks.

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, Love BTF images, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC, Wendy x