Tuesday, 24 July 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - July 24

Guylou chose the scrumptious color combo for this week and her twist is to add a flower. Our sponsor for July is A Day For Daisies. I hope you will join us in The Outlawz Color Challenge this week.

I made a baby card in a CAS design, something I don't usually do, but I like how it turned out. My image is by Pollycraft Designs. You can purchase Pollycraft digis at Little Miss Muffet Stamps.


My flower was made with 6 layers of lightweight papers, plus 3 layers of vellum. First I punched 2 1/2 inch scalloped circles - 3 from each type of paper. Then I layered the circles like so: patterned paper, solid paper, vellum, 3 times. I punched a hole through the center of all the layers and inserted a brad. Lastly, I scrunched the 'petals' toward the center until I liked the look of it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
I paper pieced the star balloon by tracing it first onto tracing paper and then cutting the traced image from the same glitter paper I used on the card.

I picked up the star easel at a yard sale for 10 cents and I like how it displays my cards. It goes especially well with this star baby card, I think.


The inside verse is a Tickell Expressions original and I will give it to you at the end of this post.

Thanks for visiting and especially for your comments. They really do brighten my day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa
jpeg

png

6 comments:

Penny said...

Aw, Teresa, this is so sweet--and I really love the flower! The verse is lovely--thank you so much! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a lovely card and sentiment. I love the easel - it doesn't hide any of the card, what a bargain. TFS

LilyPinkScraps said...

So very adorable and what a lovely verse too - such an all-round talented crafter :)

Lady Anne said...

Oh what a fabulous card you have made and those colours match too. That flower is beautiful and the placement of everything is great. Your sentiment is lovely, thank you for offering it to others sweetheart.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, fantastic use of those colors, Teresa! Delightful baby card in non-traditional baby colors. I really like that!

Roxann said...

Hi, Teresa, sweetie! Love your baby card! You have colored him perfectly and the sentiment is awesome. I also love the poor wee monkey card!

Hugz,
Roxann