Saturday, 28 July 2012

Creative Freebie & Bunny Bonding

Another round at the Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz is almost over and this is my 2nd card for this challenge. And what a delight Anne Fenton's little balloon-bearing girl was to color. I love her hair, her dress - oh, just everything about her. She seemed perfectly suited to a birthday card.

Sandi Huggett gave a medallion tutorial in this month's issue of Through The Craft Room Door and I just had to try it. Finally, a use for the crazy corner punch I bought and haven't had much use for since.

The sentiment is one of my own and, of course, I am going to share it with you. You will find it at the end of this post.



Inexperienced bunny mamma  that I am, I didn't realize when I adopted a 2nd rabbit that two does (females) will not likely get along with each other. It has been close to a year and I have had to keep them separate from each other. That means no out-of-cage-time together. Well, today that all changed.

I have been putting the bunnies outside for a few weeks now - Nahla (little fuzzy lop) in a dog crate with my dove and Kess (English Angora, with a hair cut) tethered outside of the cage. They have been nosing each other through the cage bars, which is the way (I've been told) you should introduce new rabbits to each other.

Today I felt so sorry for little Nahla, sitting in her cage while Kess got to run around, that I put a harness on her and tethered her to the cage as well. Then I stood back and watched.

Nahla ran circles around the cage and around Kess and was as happy as a bunny can be. Kess didn't seem to mind her at all. Was this the same Kess that attacked the little doe every time she got near enough?

Eventually, I tethered both rabbits to a 2-pronged leash from the clothes line. And I was truly amazed to see them actually bonding and snuggling. I had to get some shots to share. I hope you enjoy them.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

And here is your free sentiment. Left-click to enlarge; then right-click to "save as" to your computer. Please DO send your friends and followers to pick up my sentiments for themselves. Please do NOT post my word art files (JPEG or PNG) on your blog or elsewhere. But I would love to see what you create with them. Thank you for your courtesy.
JPEG


9 comments:

Karen Roth said...

Luvin' the bunnies! <3 so cute!

Your card is cool! Love the Medallion {{{hugz}}}

Shelby said...

Who knew bunnies wouldn't get along?! Wonderful card and love the layout you've used and she definitely makes a perfect princess.

Shelby

Penny said...

Thank you for the sentiment! Love your medallion and your little image is so cute!
How wonderful that your bunnies are snuggling now! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

LilyPinkScraps said...

Very cute card Teresa and lovely pink shades - so glad to see the bunnies are now BF's :)

Lady Anne said...

Great card Teresa, love that the bunnies are friends, so cute...
LOve ~ Lady Anne xx

hoptownracer1 said...

Aw, I love the bunnies! They are so adorable! So glad you shared their pictures!
Love the medallion you made also; along with your card! :)

NanaConnie said...

Precious photos of Nahla and Kess. So glad you're posting about the fur babies again. :-D Oh, yes, cute card, too. lol

Sandra said...

Hey girlie, thanks for the sentiment that is so nice of you.

You've coloured Anne's little girl awesome, she looks so real, and you also did a fantastic job on the medallion.
:)S

Roxann said...

So glad the hunny bunnies are getting along!

Love how you colored the hair on your digi! Turned out fantastic.
Hugz,
Roxann