Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Color Inspiration at Through The Craft Room Door

Through The Craft Room Door online magazine has a color inspiration challenge, using this under-the-sea picture. Now that's what I call pretty.

I made a baby card, using an adorable image from Pollycraft Designs. Pollycraft Digis can be purchased at Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

My baby in a basket is flying over the sea. I used two different colors of blue cardstock to simulate water. First I embossed them with my "Swirls" Cuttlebug folder; then I cut the tops with wavy-edged scissors. I cut the sentiment piece with the same scissors.

One thing I hope to find at the bottom of the sea is a mother-load of pearl-bearing oysters, so I included pearls in my design. First I wrapped my strand in a glittery specialty yarn and then glued the piece to my cardstock, in front and behind, before adhering the whole piece to the card front.

To add a pop of glittery color, I layered strips of varied colored glitter paper to a square of cardstock. Then I die cut the square with the next size up (Spellbinders Nestabilities) scalloped circle die. The negative was too good to waste, so I used it on the inside of the card, surrounding the sentiment, which is by Sweet N Sassy Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you join in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door - Photo Inspiration
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Stampin Royalty - Anything Goes
The Perfect Sentiment - Anything Goes with a sentiment


15 comments:

Karen Conner said...

what a cute baby image! the colors are fantastic!


Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment!!

Penny said...

The baby is darling and I love the star you hung it from! So cute! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

LilyPinkScraps said...

So lovely Teresa :) You really used those colours well on that pretty card!

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Wonderful cute card Teresa, I love the image And the layout Px

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, love your take on the colors in that inspiration photo, Teresa! I'm going to have to try something with this, too.

Berni Cuttino said...

Sweet image with lots of fun. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the luv. Hugs

Shelby said...

Beautiful card and love all of the bright cheery colors!

Shelby

Chris said...

Hi Teresa, st stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Sarah said...

Hi Teresa,

Awww an adorable image and a beautiful card - love the layout.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Bee And San said...

Wow!! Your Cards are absolutely amazing!! Love the colours on this one!! :)

San
BeesAndsans.Blogspot.com

Sandi's Samples said...

I have really enjoyed your blog Teresa and you card is darling!
Thank you so much for playing with us at TTCRD.
Huggs
Sandi

Sharon Jones said...

Oh my, Teresa! I'm sorry it's been so long since I visited your blog, and just look at what I've been missing! My goodness, gf, your card is awesome! And I love the way you used the beautiful negative for inside...such wonderful talent!!
Hugz2u!

Sandra Farrell said...

Wonderful work - What a happy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh my goodness - this is so adorable and colourful. TFS

Marie Gamber said...

What a super cute card. Love your creative use of the color theme!
Thank you so much for playing along with us on our THCRD challenge!
Hugs,
Marie XX