Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Christmas in July Color Challenge

It's Christmas in July at The Outlawz. Each challenge has had a go at Christmas in July this month and this week it is our turn at Tuesday's Color Challenge. Our sponsor for July is A Day For Daisies.

I got to choose the colors for this challenge and I went with the colors from my recent re-wedding. In May my darling husband and I renewed our vows in celebration of 25 years of marriage. Our colors were wedding white, silver for our 25th and turquoise because we really like it. My twist is to add a charm to represent our wedding rings. I hope you join in this challenge that has such a special meaning for me.

For my card I used a technique I picked up recently at Paper Craft Planet for using up those negatives from die cuts.
 First you position your negative scrap on your card front and then hold it in place with post-it notes. The reason for using post-it notes is so you can start inking from the outside of the negative without the risk of getting excess ink on your card front. You can also overlap your stamp/s onto the posties so the whole stamp image does not show inside the negative image.

First I stamped my sentiment in my darkest ink. Then I used VersaMark for my snowflakes and silver embossing powder.Once my snowflakes were embossed, I sponged my ink onto my negative, starting from the post-it notes (to take up excess ink) and towards the center, keeping my ink light in the center of the negative and darkest around the edges so they would be well-defined.

This is the 2nd card I have made using this negative die cut technique. I find it very fun and easy. I hope you will give it a try. Let me know if you do so I can come and see your blog post. You can also post it to my Facebook Tickell Expressions page to share with other followers. In any event, I'd love to see what you create with this technique.

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to stop by the Avadares Challenge Blog on August 3rd for a new challenge, a new freebie and the introduction of the Avadares Design Team.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

Great technique and beautiful card!

Penny said...

Cool technique, Teresa! And I love the colors you used! :^)
Congratulations on your 25th! We did a wedding vow renewal in Kauai, Hawaii in 2005 for our 35th anniversary. It was a surprise from my hubby! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Lady Anne said...

Oh Teresa, I love the challenge and the colours, you and your Husband looked great and those smiles say it all. Here's to the next 25yrs...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Karons Krafty Korner said...

What a fabulous technique - Love the card and the colours are beautiful. Your photo of your special day is wonderful. Congrats on 25 years. TFS

LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely colours you chose Teresa and even lovelier to hear why you did :) Beautiful card and thanks for explaining that great technique too!

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous, simple card, Teresa! The simplicity lets the eye focus on the most important part. Wonderful!
Nothing like choosing non-traditional colors for a Christmas in July challenge! I'll have to find time to do a card for this one. :-D

Roxann said...

Such a beautiful card, Teresa. I love the picture of you and your husband, too! FABULOUS! I like the new look of your blog, too!
Cyber Hugz,
Roxann

Shoregirl said...

Congratulations on 25 years of marriage!! Lovely pic of the two of you, and lovely "Christmas in July" card too! Love that little package!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

Sandra said...

Wow do you ever look gorgeous in that photo Teresa, and that arm candy isn't too shabby either. Reading your blog is a like a breath of fresh air, and I really like the Christmas card. So many people tell me that blue isn't a Christmas colour and I always find myself defending it. The lights on our house are always blue and white. Looking forward to Avadares tomorrow :)S

Shelby said...

Awesome technique and love how this turned out. The blues and silver look amazing.

Shelby