Friday, July 20, 2012

1920s Bride by Nettie G.

This bride is a drawing by the talented Nettie Grooms at Nettie G's Digital Gems. She is a 1920s bride and, as you can see, oh so lovely. I hope my coloring and shading did her justice.

For my background, I used a technique that I picked up from Taylor on Paper Craft Planet. I knew I was saving my die cut scraps for something. Now I know why and how to use them. Read Taylor's article to find out how to use your die cut scraps too.

My embellishment is one of my hand-crocheted flowers with a silver-toned vintage button glued in the center. I added a tiny bow to the sentiment because it looked a little bare.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa



Challenges Entered:
Splendiferous Creations - Die Cuts
Fat Pages & Cards With Attitude - Anything Goes
ATCs & Cards Wtih Attitude - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Always Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - Use a Digi Stamp
The Stamp Man - Anything Goes/Summer colors
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes with a Girly Twist
Fab n' Funky - Make your own flowers






17 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful work,the bride is gorgeous!

Penny said...

Very pretty, Teresa! Love the little extra crocheted flower on this, too! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card Teresa, I love the image and your crochet flower is so beautiful

Thanks so much for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

Sue

NanaConnie said...

Amazing, Teresa! Great job of fussy cutting the image. I love Nettie G's brides. :-D

Lynnette said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the bride because I think this kinds of dresses are so beautiful. Your coloring of this image looks perfect. I am looking for ideas for a wedding card i need to make and you have inspired me to try something new.

she3655 said...

Beautiful card Teresa, it's stunning, I love the image and the crochet flower.... Thanks for joining in with us at Atcs and Cards with Attitude and also Fatpages and Cards with Attitude xx

Karen Roth said...

It is very gorgeous and oh, so romantic! I really love that flower, did you hand crochet that, if so can you share the pattern, please {{{hugz}}}

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Teresa, love your gorgeous crocheted flower...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Shelby said...

Wonderful work creating white from the gray shading...looks fantastic.

Shelby

Mema's Crafts said...

Fabulous card! I love the flower. Thanks for the luv you left me on my blog. I am so glad you stopped by and I hope you will drop by often.

Lady Anne said...

Love this Nettie Image and you have done her proud Teresa.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

all brides are beautiful and this one is simply gorgeous!

always good to see you. looking forward to the fun at the challenge blog. my card is ready to post tomorrow.

hugs :)

Wies said...

Beautiful card Teresa. Love the way you coloured the bride and love the crochet flower.

Best wishes,Wies

Shirley said...

Beautiful card! Your flower is beautiful as well! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

2peasinapod said...

Thank you Teresa, for checking out my blog. I would love for you to join in on the challenge! Please tell everyone! It's going kind of slow. I guess everybody's busy for the end of summer and the beginning of school. Hugs

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card you made with Nettie's image! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Karons Krafty Korner said...

So stunning - I love the vintage look. TFS