Tuesday, 19 June 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - June 19

Guylou chose the color combo this week for The Outlawz Color Challenge. Her twist is to add something with wings. I used a brand new digi by children's author Sara Woodcox of Avadares Books, which is called, "Twill's Flowers". Isn't she sweet? I can't wait to see more of Sara's fairy characters. She promises me there are lots more to come.

 The Outlawz DT is gearing up for our big 2000 Member Party next week (24th-30th).  I have the privilege of representing the Color Challenge Team on the blog hop. Every blog on the hop will have a tutorial. My project today is a bit of a teaser. If you like it, come back next week for the tutorial.



If you have ever heard of Dave Ramsay and the Financial Peace University, you will recognize the term cash envelope system. Actually, I only heard it called that in the last couple of years, but I incorporated the system into my budgeting years ago when I was raising a family on a budget.

For my own system, I had a stash of envelopes in my purse on which I had written things like, "Clothing", "Gifts", "Allowances", "Groceries". Dave Ramsay's envelope system is contained within a checkbook-like cover on which you also write the names of your cash categories. It's a little neater than mine was; however, in both systems finding the exact envelope and laying hands on the cash is a pain and an embarrassment as you fumble through your barely distinguishable categorized envelopes at the cash. On top of that, both systems are UGLY. I don't like to use anything ugly; do you?
 So I decided to develop my own envelope system that is pretty, fun and functional. I can easily (and quickly) find the cash I want for whatever category I need. It takes no more time than opening a well-organized wallet. I even store my (categorized) coupons in there. And did I mention that it is pretty?

 If you like it, remember to come back next week and I'll give you the instructions.

Thanks for visiting.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I had one of those ugly wallet type things too! Love your creativity with this and it turned out just so darn pretty! Wonderful work

Shelby

Roxie said...

Nice project, cute digi and nice use of the challenge colors.

Loved your Father's Day video too...how clever and fun!

Theresa said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower.