Thursday, 10 May 2012

Precious Baby

Have I mentioned that this round of images in the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge are extra especially sweet? It's all about babies and who doesn't love babies?

This time I used one of the baby buggy images provided by Designed 2 Delight. I have always loved old-fashioned baby buggies. In fact, I opted for a buggy when my kids were little, over a more modern stroller. In 1981, I actually picked one up at a thrift store for $10. Nowadays it would be considered an antique and I'd probably have to pay substantially more.

I colored this buggy up to look like an antique wicker buggy. It took me a while to find just the right papers from my stash, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The sentiment is mine. I will give it to you at the end of this post, with a few improvements. Thanks Teddi for your feedback.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Crafts and Me - Punches & Die cuts
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
Stampin' Royalty - Punches

 

jpeg

png



13 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh Teresa, this card is just precious! I love all the wonderful pp's that you used...and that sentiment is perfect! Great coloring of the image too.

Hugs~ Charlene

crafty amy said...

This is so cute :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Ellapu said...

This one is gorgeous too... love the layout, the colours and image ... sweet hun x

cass said...

Wonderful card, love the gem on the bow, great idea

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,

What a lovely card. I realy like the way you cloured the baby buggy to make it look antique.
And thanks for the sentiment.

Best wishes,
Wies

TERESA D. - CUSTOM MADE SCRAPBOOK PAGES said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your designs. This baby buggy card is so cute. Love the butterfly.

StephC said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli challenge!

Shelby said...

Very sweet card and I love how you've done your layout and the carriage looks gorgeous.

Shelby

Mandy said...

Wonderful card,love the sweet carriage and your design is fabulous...Thank you for your lovely comment...
Mandy x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a stunning beauty!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Precious card, love all your embellishments. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Hugs,
Kate CDAC DT

Paige said...

The buggy is adorable and love the sentiment! So happy you joined us at Creative Belli!

suzARTe said...

hi Teresa,

this is the loveliest baby card, I love all the pretty embellishments.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along, sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment, I have been away on holidays.