Monday, 9 April 2012

Tri-fold Shutter Thank You

Today I made a tri-fold shutter card as a thank you to my wonderful MIL and SIL. They made a very generous contribution towards my new wedding gown. Yes. You heard right. Terry and I are planning to renew our vows on May 19th in celebration of our 25th anniversary. Our 25th was actually on April 4th, but the priest we want is not available until mid May.

More on that later. I need to prepare a craft lesson for my friend's preschoolers for tomorrow, so I am rushing through this post.

The adorable bear image is by Inked Treasures. I received it in the latest round at the CDAC Progressive
Freebie Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a blessed Easter weekend.

hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge
Card Swaps Fun Fold
Incy Wincy Designs - Cute Critters
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Flowers


15 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

A great card, always such a fun fold to make.

LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely card! I havn't done one of these for ages - thanks for the reminder of how great this fold is :)

Mavis Burnham said...

Great card. I have seen this style of fold but have not done one yet. Love the colours.

Lora Brinkman said...

GREAT card, Teresa!!!

cass said...

Wonderful card.

Shirley-anne said...

Amazing tri fold card .Love the colours , the image , the embossing and the flower .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

SiskiyouSue said...

As always your card is wonderful. You are so good at cut basics, cutting and lining up straight. Seems like I'm always a little crooked.

Congrats on your exciting news. My hubby lived through the original vows, but there's no way I'd ever get him to dress up again! lol... We've been married 37 years, awesome!

Wies said...

Great card. Lovely coulors and image.

Michelle said...

Beautiful tri fold card. Lots of lovely detail with the embossing and gorgeous papers.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Jackie Scott said...

This is a very beautiful card Teresa -love your colors and the way you have arranged the different layers. I have made a couple of these cards and it can be hard to fill in all the spaces.
Congratulations on your 25th, hope you have a wonderful day when you exchange those vows again.

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is so funny, Sue. Fortunately, my DH loves to dress up.

Angela said...

Fantastic card Teresa and congratulations on your 25th anniversay, have a great day. My inlaws are renewing their vows after 60 years in May!

Teresa Arsenault said...

60 years! Wow! I hope we live that long. :)

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the cute bear. Thank you for joining us at Incy wincy.
Nikki F x

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Darling card!! Love the fun fold. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
~Sheri