Thursday, 16 February 2012

You're Sew Nice

Just a quick post of another card, as I am determined to get to bed before midnight tonight. I've been doing too many late nights and it is taking its toll.

For this card I used two great images. The vintage sewing machine (with sentiment) is from Free Vintage Digi Stamps and the cute Cocoa Mouse image is from none other than Sweet N Sassy Stamps.

I mounted Cocoa on a fabric yo-yo and did faux stitching in red around the vintage sewing machine. I used 3 separate border punches to make 5 fancy borders. I was a little off in my gluing of the borders, not accounting for the patterned holes. No matter. I sprinkled some glitter over it and the receiver will never know it was a mistake. That is, unless she is a blog follower. :)

I am leaving for a prayer retreat tomorrow and will be back late Saturday night. I am really looking forward to some quality time to connect with God. I'll be traveling and rooming with a dear friend, so it will be a treasured time to nurture our friendship, as well.

Blessings on your weekend,
Teresa

Challenges:
CardMaker Challenge Corner - Cutting Edge
Sweet N Sassy Connection - Crazy for Cocoa (Anything Goes)
Mema's Crafts - Anything Goes
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Anything Goes (with ribbon)
Crafty Sentiments - Love is in the Air

13 comments:

Sheree said...

Lovely card Teresa! Hope you have fun on your retreat!
Sheree

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

ursula Uphof said...

Lovely card with the vintage sewing machine. Wishing you a very fulfilling weekend

Sarah said...

Just Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty LIttle Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Wies said...

It's a lovely card Teresa. What a cute image of the mouse.
Blessings on your weekend too.

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card and beautifully colored.

Mema's Crafts said...

Hi Teresa. I am so glad you found my little blog. I've only been up and doing this for about 6 months now with my first challenge happening November. Your card is a cutie especially with the vintage sewing machine. Thank you for participating at Mema's Crafts. Hope you will continue to join us every month and good luck with this one.

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card, love it!!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments new monthly challenge, good luck!

Big hugs Jo xxx

Shelby said...

Wonderful creativity and just love all of the different colors you've used! thanks for joining us a Crafty Sentiments monthly challenge:)!!

Shelby

Schnipsel und mehr...die Papierwerkstatt said...

Lovely card, beautiful sewing machine. Thanks for playing with us at CSD hope we will see you again.
xoxo Clarissa

Chrissy said...

So lovely Teresa...I used to use one of those machines..lol..have a wonderful time away.


Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs monthly challenge..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Schnipsel und mehr...die Papierwerkstatt said...

Lovely card and the sewing machine is beautyful.

Thank you for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments monthly challenge.

Hugs
Andrea

Cor* said...

How very cute is this little card. love that mouse. I hear ya with late nights. I can only do it for so long! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs Monthly Challenge!