Thursday, 16 February 2012

My First Still Life

It is amazing to me how intimidating one little orange can be. At least, that is how I felt last night at my painting class. We were asked to bring in a fruit to do a still life. Most people brought whole bowls full of fruit. One lady brought a stunning stiletto with a bow on the back of the heel and a golden interior. I drooled more over that gorgeous shoe than I did any of the fruits.

So there I sat with my little canvas that I had primed in blue, staring at my orange, and wondering how I was going to pull this off. An orange seems simple enough until you really look it over with all its little dimples, bumps and nuances of color.

Fortunately, my instructor checked in on me every now and again, giving me much needed instruction. By the end, I was quite pleased with the result. I hope you like it too.

Blessings,
Teresa

6 comments:

Anne Fenton said...

Teresa it looks good enough to eat...great job g/f
Hugz Anne

Chrissy said...

Fabulous painting Teresa, i'm green with envy as I still cannot draw a straight line or a stick man...love the shadows and can see the dimples...fabulous job..I'm very impressed..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carla S. said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job, Teresa! I can't draw or paint a thing! The background is beautiful and the orange looks real enough to taste! Kudos!

Reflections from Granny said...

Teresa, fabulous, I can almost smell it from here it looks so good.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks for all your wonderful encouragement. You are all so sweet.
Hugs all around,
Teresa

Shelby said...

I think this turned out beautiful! And kudos to you for taking a class and expanding your horizons! Love it

Shelby