Wednesday, 15 February 2012

My First Altered Project

For those of you who don't know, an altered project is an already a functional item that you alter into an item with a different function, or that just looks different.

My first altered item came as a result of a problem and a prayer.

The problem was our stale prayer time in our family devotions, which we do just after our supper meal each day. Our habit is to take turns selecting a portion of scripture (bible) to read and discuss. That is not usually a problem and we have some excellent discussions. Before we head off to wherever we are going or whatever we are doing for the rest of the evening, we take time to pray. That is where we run into a snag.

There are always people and situations to pray about, but how do you choose just a few? We either end up praying the same things over again, or passing the buck for someone else to pray. The moment we say "Amen" we bolt from the table and it really doesn't feel like our prayers have gone any further than the ceiling.

I didn't like how this was going so I prayed about it. The idea came to me to type up and print out prayer requests, cut them into strips and put them into a jar. Each day we will each choose a prayer from the jar which we will each pray about. When I started printing these up, it occurred to me to also type up Praise reports of prayers that have recently been answered. I also threw in a few blank strips for spontaneity.

Well, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it pretty. :) That's how I decided to do my very first altered project - a Prayer & Praise jar.

I hope this inspires you to do something similar for your family. There are always people and situations in need of our prayers.

Blessings,
Teresa

Challenges:
Fab Funky Challenges - Try Something New
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great project. I just love the paper and scallops. TFS.

Ginny said...

fab project. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.