Friday, 10 February 2012

The Crop Continues

The Winter Warm-up Crop at Card Swaps is in full swing, but today was my first opportunity to do some of the challenges.

This card was designed for the "My Sentiments Exactly" challenge in the Winter Warm-up Crop. The sentiment is a scripture by Word Art By Karen. The paper behind the scripture is a digi frame from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. The other papers are from various sources and the metal rose was in my stash.











My 2nd card was designed for the Yo-yo challenge in the Winter Warm-up Crop. The challenge was to make yo-yo fabric flowers. They really are easy, but my first attempt failed. To make the flower you take a fabric circle and do a running stitch all around the outside edge. Then you pull the thread to gather all the edges to the middle (outside showing). Next you sew a button to the middle. Silly me, I sewed the button to the flat side, which made my flowers look like pancakes. Finally I decided to snip off my button and re-do the flower. the small flower also has a yo-yo.

The image from this card was provided by Sew Many Cards to the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge. Isn't she a darling little bear? I colored her with Tombow markers. I used the PNG image provided and layered her on a lovely polka-dot digi paper from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. The sentiment is also from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. The tag is by Tiffany Doodles and the frame is a Spellbinders die cut.

I hope you will join in on The Winter Warm-up Crop over at Card Swaps. We are having a blast with the challenges, the games and just hanging out with other crafters.

Blessings on your weekend,
Teresa

Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge Blog - Animal Antics
Card Swaps Winter Warm up Crop
CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge
Card Crafters Circle - Valentine
Cardmadfairy's - Hearts
Card Makin' Mamas - Valentine
Crafty Catz - Valentine
Frosted Designs - Love
Fussy and Fancy - Love
Pattie's Creations - Valentines and Love

20 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both great cards. TFS.

mea5798 said...

hi teresa yours cards are A-Dorable!
marie

Teresa Jaye said...

Hi Teresa! Your cards are so beautiful! I've enjoyed looking through your blog and especially at your pet page! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog and for joining us in the Frosted Designs blog hop!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Cardmadfairy Digi days.
Kevin xx

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Céline said...

so cute
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline dt member

Sandi said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Valentine's & Love' Challenge #37, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

paperfun said...

I love your yo-yo flowers. The patterns are so bright and color. I love what you did with Sew Many Cards Bailey bear.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Janette said...

Both your cards are gorgeous, thanks for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Shelby said...

Both of these cards are just wonderful, but the red and black one is so striking with the colors!

Shelby

Gillian said...

What a cute image and I love the flower. Thanks for joining in at the Cardmadfairy's heart challenge. Gillian.

carol said...

aaw lovely card,thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

Love, love, love that verse from Corinthians!!! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

Kate said...

Adorable. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Hugs,
Kate CDAC DT

Joni Parker said...

Ah..one of my favorite verses!! LOVE it (pun intended)! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

Karen Murray said...

Thank you for using my WORDart. Your card is very beautiful! I really love the colors you used...so elegant. I am going to pin it to my Pinterest board of items made with my WORDart.

Ashley Horton said...

I love the red, black, and white color scheme and the verse from Corinthians is a perfect sentiment for Valentine's!! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!! :)

Pauline said...

A wonderfully inspired creation... bold in colour, and awesome in scripture! Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Charlene said...

Teresa your cards are incredible. I love the CAS look of the first one...and that verse is wonderful. And your second one is just too cute. As far as I can tell you did a great job on those fabric flowers. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Valentine's and Love Challenge....good luck ~ Charlene PC DT

Lesley said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's Animal Antics challenge xx