Sunday, 12 February 2012

Snow Storm

Our Back Door This Morning
We had quite a snow storm, which started yesterday and continued into this morning. The plow had to go over our street 3 times to get all the snow. It was piling up over the plow shovel, so the operator had to back up and go at it again. Then he went through a 3rd time so he could get down closer to the road. This is our first decent snowfall all winter. I'm guessing our Island potato fields need it.

Here are a few photos my DH took this morning where you can see how the snow blew and drifted. We had icy water dripping from our bathroom ceiling fan because of the snow blowing into the vent.
Our Back Steps









Getting our driveway plowed





 
















A Cat's Eye View
Well, another Creative Freebie Challenge (at The Outlawz) has come and gone. I barely squeaked in my two projects before the doors were closed and sealed, and I've already received my new images. Woo-hoo! Let me tell you, they are stunning. If you haven't joined in yet, just say pretty please to Anne and I'm sure she will let you. No really. The Outlawz is always happy to welcome new members to our challenges.

Here is the card I did with Anne Fenton's Valentine fairy image. I also entered this card into the "Tantalizing Texture" challenge at the Winter Warm Up Crop.


My next card was made with Sandi Huggett's balloon hearts image, also offered in the last round of Creative Freebie challenges. I layered Sandi's image onto polka dot digi paper from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. Then I framed it with digi borders by Torta Gialla. The Valentine heart if also from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. My DPs are by Bo Bunny.
 I also entered this card into the Pop A Button challenge of the Winter Warm Crop at Card Swaps.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are keeping warm.

Blessings,
Teresa

1 comment:

Reflections from Granny said...

Wow Teresa,

You're a darling and wow on the snow but I really wish you'd sent it in another direction instead of mine lol. We got over a foot of snow in 24 hours and the storm is picking up speed again now. Hugs, Lori m